was surprised to discover this. It's not supposed to be like this is
it? It should be flat right?

video1
video2

20210430_123340.jpg

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Should be flat yes. Depends where you got it and how much of a discount, but most of the second grade stuff that is made in Austria ends up in Europe. Could also be that someone had a bad day at QC, or that you left it in the sun for too long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what you're saying it's nothing wrong with the board, it's supposed to be like this?
Btw it's a 2017/2018 model

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
So what you're saying it's nothing wrong with the board, it's supposed to be like this?
Take photo of a straightedge across the base at a few points. From this photo you may have a slight camber or reverse "Spoon Technology" running across the width on the base. Interesting to see how this would perform as the FA is very much a purpose directional freeride board.

I'd imagine it would make it more aggressive at finding and holding an edge.

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
430 Posts
Lol no sorry for the confusion. The guys were just teasing! It's not supposed to be like that. Totally worth reaching out to Burton but do it soon because it might be out of warranty depending if you have proof of purchase. They only have a 3 year warranty from date of purchase.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Checked my Burton board as well. Have the same non-flat spot between the bindings, but only 1-2 mm. The board has been ridden 3 times so far.

Would you have contacted customer support for this problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts