Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the season is winding down for most of us. Time to start thinking about what we want for next season?

New boots. My boots have had their last season. I now have a leak in the right foot. Squish, squish, squish.

Drift Ghost. I like the Drift camera, but I need/want the features in the Ghost.

I'm going to buy the new 2014 Proto for next season. Not sure yet what bindings I'm going to get with it.

Oh, and my snowpants have had it. They were black, they've now faded to an off-brown.

Um, I don't think I need to replace my helmet... :laugh:

·
Registered
130 Posts
new snow pants. Right now I'm still rockin' the early 00's super baggy look.

A board for the pow and trees, possibly a PowderJet

·
Registered
83 Posts
i just got boots this year but they packed out too much, soo...

14' Burton Hails
and the local hill closed but still had plenty of RK 30's and a NS revolver i have had my eye on. i might wait and try to pick them up early next year for real cheap

Other than that i went on a lot of spending binges this year so all my softgoods are in decent shape

·
Registered
393 Posts
Oh man, I've been all over this lately.

Bindings - NOW IPOs (most important preseason acquisition)

Powder Board: Will get at end of season sales this year - Charlie Slasher most likely, but may just go for the Venture Euphoria because it gives me a hard on. I can feel it in my plums.

New gloves. Looking for something useful in the backcountry. Usually use mitts, but I realize that's probably not the go.

Split Setup: This is where things get dicey. From what I've seen, I like the Burton Landlord with Spark Magneto's; have to see the specs of the BL first. I also like the Venture Euphoria split....just not sure how it handles skinning and approaching. Also like the Burton Nug and the K2 split. Spark Magneto's are def the go though.

As usual, I'll probably get something that fits in the middle of too many things and doesn't really excel at anything.

EDIT: oh yeah, and news lenses for my EG2s. Blue Chrome or Yellow Chrome.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Bought a completely new setup in the past three weeks so I'm set on gear:

2013 LibTech Travis Rice deck
2012 Flow NXT-FRX bindings
2013 32 Focus Boa boots

Planning at least two trips for next year and want to try backcountry/cat riding:

- December/January to Salt Lake City area resorts
- January/February to Vail/Beaver Creek

I think I'm gonna pick up a GoPro before next season - they seem pretty slick.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
New merino ninja suit, Billy Coat C3, AK Hover Mittens, and saving up for a Japanese Pow Trip. Since Torpedo keeps torpedoing the idea, may have to start bugging Poutenen and SeriousCat.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Bigger bag of tricks, more snow, more traveling, more moments with new and old friends, all around good times.

And maybe a powder addition to my quiver, :yahoo:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looking at the new Fuze bindings from Flow for a more park type binding with the NASTY system. Maybe a new helmet if I find one I like and maybe some base layers. Other then that I'm set.

·
Registered
756 Posts
New boots, my cables on my BOA boots are fraying!
I think I'll buy the BOA boots again though.
Maybe some new googgles too

First and foremost, a Hot Tub!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Relocating from DC to Seattle, so just a slight change in riding conditions! Using that as an excuse to acquire a more powder/park friendly board than my mostly camber Rome Anthem, with some appropriately upgraded bindings.

Also some padded shorts/pants and a new set of goggles that are spherical and have better peripheral vision, as my current ones annoy me and end up pushed up on my helmet more often than not.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I just bought new boots cause they were cheap, I dont need them at all yet.
I will also build a few more boards of different designs and of course a plane ticket to japan

Oh and I just bought a 4 season 1 man tent and down sleeping bag for backcountry camping

·
Registered
786 Posts
Board and money to get to Colorado first. Then maybe new goggles, pants and jacket. Not to derail, but are the Burton jackets any good?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Board and money to get to Colorado first. Then maybe new goggles, pants and jacket. Not to derail, but are the Burton jackets any good?
Depends I guess, I really like my AK 2L goretex she'll, I got it cheap though.
... Not so sure it's worth full retail by any means.. I wouldn't pay over 200 bucks for a jacket unless it gave me super powers.

Ripped my volcom on a steep cliff I was going down, any way to repair it? 3 layer goretex shell. Kinda pisses me off

·
The Swiss Miss
7,620 Posts
A winter like this one has been at home with heaps of fluff :yahoo:

And then more pow on holiday in Canada :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
My wish list for next season:
oakley canopy goggles
new jacket
new pants
new beanie
a helmet
new boots
maybe new board, depends if there is coming out some new really good stuff
maybe new bindings, same as above^