Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a board that can do flatland 180's and such, what type of board would be the best?
I am new to snowboarding so I have no idea what "camber", or "Jib rocker" or what anything like that means, but whats the best type of board that will allow me to do nose rides / Tail rides (Flexible) the easiest?

Also if someone can link me to a page with snowboard terminology that would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
102 Posts
As far as I've heard and understand the type of camber has the biggest impact on this. So maybe do some reading to understand what camber means:
Snowboard Camber Explained Transworld Snowboarding

I've only switched from camber to flat camber this session so I'm still figuring this out. But I have heard that the zero or reverse camber tend to butter a hell of alot better.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Reverse camber. It takes less effort to press and is more forgiving on spins. Although if you mean something like "ollie 180", it's not going to make much of a difference which board you use. the 180 is the most basic and can be pretty much done on any board in a similar fashion regardless of specs. The RC will make is a "little easier" but you would be better off learning on a camber if you still want to like go fast and stuff in another part of the mountain.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Reverse camber with a super soft flex, if only dc made the pbj in rev camb, youd be doin flat land 720's buttering your way to africa and back

·
Registered
487 Posts
the pbj does come in reverse camber now.. DC Snowboarding Products

but yeah I have a Nitro sub-zero and it is really easy to do flat ground stuff...it is a super flexy board with what you might call a "hybrid camber" but nitro calls it their "gullwing camber"

rc between the bindings and regular out near the tips

I would recommend anything really flexy

·
Registered
50 Posts
the pbj does come in reverse camber now.. DC Snowboarding Products

but yeah I have a Nitro sub-zero and it is really easy to do flat ground stuff...it is a super flexy board with what you might call a "hybrid camber" but nitro calls it their "gullwing camber"

rc between the bindings and regular out near the tips

I would recommend anything really flexy
:eek: Def copping the new PBJ i had the 09 model and loved it thats dope they make it reverse camber now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts