Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts

ETT Jack Daniel's board. I so wanted this thing to become a limited release or something but still the coolest collab board ever.

Of the ones that were in my collections, in no order:

Forum Destroyer 2011
36692B29-B660-4934-889F-522C97D8624F_1_105_c.jpeg
Burton Vapor 2013
DCBBA41B-44C6-4C5C-8B51-3523C0352FA1_4_5005_c.jpeg

Lib Jamie Lynn 2014
27C28478-A087-4674-A8CB-E91D2CF12F09.jpeg

Never Summer Swift 2018
A35BC002-425C-4401-8F16-4B3DA957CA2B_4_5005_c.jpeg

YES PYL 2014
7347EEA8-462C-4DEC-947C-A6247D3CEFDF.jpeg

·
Registered
293 Posts

While searching for your model found this:

A great initiative to help women with cancer and probably a touch easier toe side initiation hah
Got one of those Greats boobs 158 :)

·
493 Posts
It's heartwarming to see that, despite the thousands of pages of heated discussion over a smidgen of flex or a few mm of waist width, some people just buy the board with the pretty graphics. :)
May as well enjoy looking at it in those long lift lines

·
Registered
5 Posts
Powderjet build your own board. You build the board then you make the graphics anything you want. I went no graphics at all, just the wood topsheet (actually all the sheets are wood) finished nicely. Everyone loves the board and are constantly stopping me to ask about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Classic.... bobby Meeks joyride.
A little older .... jeff brushie craps board. Would love to hang that on the wall.
A newer never summer....just like the color profile

·
Registered
820 Posts
$15000! Yeah, good idea- I'll trade my SUV in for a promotional NeverSummer! It looks cool, but... I'll give you $350 for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hmmmmm nah that's too easy, for mine. I'd have to be going back a ways, to how a board made me feel / how "wow" the graphics were at the time the board was launched.

Some include:
-- Field Earth pow deck last time I was in Japan (no denying that stuff like the Bataleon Surfer / Endeavour Archetype / Jones Hovercraft / Burton SK / etc look amazing, but next to this FE, they look pretty damn pedestrian -- thing looked like a space ship!)
-- Forum Jeremy Jones (with the Samurai on it)
-- Burton Johann Oloffsen (with the moon / night scape on it)
-- Burton Custom 99/2000 series
-- Atlantis Daniel Franck
-- Un Inc decks from back in that team's heyday
-- Rome Pintail 160 (specifically) - mine turned a lot of heads
-- probably the most stoked I've ever been, was when I knocked myself out for a minute (apparently), got up, had to ask my friend how to get to the bottom of a hill that I'd done 200+ days on by that stage (and which really had only 2 ways to get to the bottom), unstrapped, picked my board up, and was TOTALLY blown away that this 2002 Option Makkinen was actually MINE?>!?!?!

Interesting concept for your beanie, by the way. I've registered on your site (as I've thought about buying rugby headgear at various points in time, for use on the snow, in certain circumstances) -- but you need to change the text colour in the registration fields, as you've got black text in fields that are transparent onto a dark background.
Some ripper boards in there! That story about knocking yourself out is both awesome and scary at the same time haha, re-discovering your own board would be pretty rad, but also hopefully your head is alright if you took that heavy of a fall!

Thanks mate, happy to hear you're signed up :) Keep on eye on your emails in the next few weeks we should be starting to send some info out! And oh good to know, thank you for the heads up, I'll go and look at that and fix it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Endeavor Archetype (2020 the best imo but in general such a futuristic shape in black is a killer):
View attachment 154237
Yes the Greats 2019 (151 and 154 in particular):
View attachment 154239 Capita Kazu (this one always looks great, probably the best board graphic year by year, for me 2020 the best so far).

Lib Orca 2019 (2021 looks great too after they’ve screwed up the 2020)

Korua Plus Line (again, you can’t go wrong with the stealth shape and full matte black)

Capita Spring Break Twin 2018 (mhmm)

I’d throw in K2 Simple Pleasures 2019, Bataleon Surfer 2020 (white) and probably a dozen more boards.

I’m always willing to pay more for a great graphic.
The Lib Orca 2019 you mentioned, I haven't seen that one before, it looks so sick! I'd get that in a heartbeat.

Agreed about paying more for a graphic I love, I would much prefer to have a board that every time I look down I'm stoked with than save a bit of money to have one that I'm more ambivalent about.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
There are some great boards on this thread. Love the WuTang, Led Zep and Marilyn Boards. But kinda partial to my Donek Lightning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I like the base graphics of the 10 year Burton Custom. Think the coolest looking board has to be one of the 3d Field Earth or Burton 3d Fish. One of the Ride Timeless versions is pretty clean too.
I like the simplicity and I guess minimalism of the Ride Timeless board, something about it sits well with me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
My Burton ouija twin was probably the coolest looking board I owned.
Followed by my 2003 burton Canyon (with the Iris/eye graphic)
The first year customs were damn nice, especially the one with the turtle on the base.

I'm yet to see boards that, in my mind, can compete with those (but I know there must be, I've missed a lot of cool designs in the last 10 years or so).
I've never seen either of them before, they both look damn nice!

I know what you mean, I feel like there are so many rad looking boards out there that need more appreciation. Hopefully this thread is a good hunting ground to appreciate some sick designs.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts