Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
It is strange that no one has yet designed a board with the Covid 19 virus. Make a limited series. Such an event will not happen again. Yes, there may be a second wave, but the first wave was the most real and will remain in history.
I appreciate your opinion but the last thing I wanna think about when I’m snowboarding is a deadly virus.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Friends, peace for everyone.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Well I've never personally seen this board, but I have talked to Scott Serfas about it & he has touched one.
He was to scared to hand flex it, but he did pick it up haha.

The very first Skull Skates snowboard, early 80's, 83 I believe?
Only 50 made, 25 for North America & 25 for Japan (I have got our Japanese member on the hunt, doubt he'll find one, but there's a better chance finding one over there I believe?)

You can't un-see this deck, it's like the devil made it.
It gets burned into your brain.

I will do unspeakable things to get this deck.

TT

8-ss_co_1983.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Capita Kazu Kokubo Pro 2018/2019 (Bird) and 2019/2020 (Japanese Angel).

Really don't like the 2021 edition with the ninja, it's departed away from that awesome and unique Japanese art/print aesthetic into just a ninja holding a pole. Think I'll wait for the 2022 edition to see if the graphic is one I like again, or wait for a decent used older Kazu as I would really love to get that board at some point.

Some of the 2020 Niche boards look sweet too. Love that art style.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Capita Kazu Kokubo Pro 2018/2019 (Bird) and 2019/2020 (Japanese Angel).

Really don't like the 2021 edition with the ninja, it's departed away from that awesome and unique Japanese art/print aesthetic into just a ninja holding a pole. Think I'll wait for the 2022 edition to see if the graphic is one I like again, or wait for a decent used older Kazu as I would really love to get that board at some point.

Some of the 2020 Niche boards look sweet too. Love that art style.
This is cool! It is a pity that the main drawing is on the back side. (y) (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Sounds like it was designed for me tomahawking down the mountain 😂
Yes, the riding style on this board is exactly the same as the drawing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Powderjet build your own board. You build the board then you make the graphics anything you want. I went no graphics at all, just the wood topsheet (actually all the sheets are wood) finished nicely. Everyone loves the board and are constantly stopping me to ask about it.
I haven't heard of them before, their homemade board building tutorial looks interesting. Did you build it yourself or get a custom from Powderjet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
It's heartwarming to see that, despite the thousands of pages of heated discussion over a smidgen of flex or a few mm of waist width, some people just buy the board with the pretty graphics. :)
Performance is important, but look and style I find important as well, especially when you're on a long-ass chairlift taking ages, I don't want to be looking down at something I'm not 100% happy with. I still got the flex and chamber done to suit how I'd be using the board, but I only get to ride 2-4 weeks a year if I'm lucky so it wasn't going to be an ultimate deciding factor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey man if you're a genuine snowboarder, I'd suggest easing up on the spam-posting. I know you're trying to build brand awareness (there's nothing wrong with that), you're simply dealing with quite a few "more mature" folks who have been snowboarding for a decade +

We're not the usual weekend warrior kooks who go to Buller. Hone your angle and your craft, and you'll be alright.
Hey mate, I didn't mean to come across as spammy at all, sorry if I have. I just thought replying to people who had taken the time to actually post their boards/ opinions was the right thing to do, appreciate your perspective though, good to know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't heard of them before, their homemade board building tutorial looks interesting. Did you build it yourself or get a custom from Powderjet?
There isn't much to hear about. Powderjet is pretty much Jesse creating boards in his garage and running build your own classes in his driveway over the summer.

I have 2 of powderjet boards so far. I did build your own clinic/class which was really interesting. I went Powderjet because I wanted a narrower stance than today's boards offer. I still ride feet forward narrow stance since I find I can't get the board around fast enough in tight spots with feet across. Very pleased with the boards. I described the handling characteristics I wanted and Jesse nailed it with the shape. One of the best riding boards (for me and my style) I've ridden in the 33 years I've been riding. Very, very stable but quick turning so you can slam it around without worrying about it doing anything odd at a bad time. Reminds me a lot of the old Burton Edeck or asym M6. I ride a lot of moguls, edge (really edge like batting branches out of my face) crud, and in the trees so I wanted a board I could dive the nose in, load up the edge, then pop off the tail. Most boards I've had the last 15 or so years don't really like being treated like that since they are biased to groomed terrain . I avoid grooming if at all possible.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts