Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a burton A59 from the late 90s. This thing is a plank and still shreds hard pack. Not a goto board anymore and it weighs a ton, but if a friend needs a board this one has been known to save them a rental.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I always thought it was a car term.

I just got a big turbo for my whip.
I just put new shoes on my whip
etc...

To the OP'er point. My old Lib so old I have no idea the model

·
The Swiss Miss
7,436 Posts
These are the oldest ones in our shed. Not in use anymore, although I'm tempted to convince the pack to have an oldschool day next season, just for the fun of it.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Whip? Is that like cool whip?

Oldest board I've got is a '95 Kemper Freestyle. Still have bindings on it but it hasn't seen snow for about 3 years. Might do an "old school" day next spring just for the hell of it! It's stiff and cambered and carves pretty good for an 18 year old board...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Well I didn't really get into snowboard till I was about 17 so the oldest board I own is a burton dominat from 2004 I think, but thats broken so I couldn't ride it even if I wanted to. I have a bunch of other "old" boards from after the burton but most are broke in 1 way or another.

My oldest board that is still ridable is probably one of my Echelon boards from last winter ha.

If I count boards missing chunks of edge but can still be ridden fine then I have a rome board from about 2010.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I have a 2000-ish Avalanche that is super stiff and heavy. Has a lot of camber to it, is fast, and good edgehold so I still ride it on icey days and to charge on.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I still have an old Kemper floating around that's from who knows when. The thing is a giant dead, flat, noodle. I've ridden it in it's current state just for shits and giggles, but that's about all it's good for.

·
Registered
307 Posts
'93/94 Crazy Banana Reverse 166. So stoked to get on this thing! And it has normal mounting pattern and screw size so I can rock newer bindings on it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yea can't wait to rip it up with this thing. It's got asymmetrical sidecut too. I've always wanted to ride an older board but the bindings were the one thing I was worried about so this seems like a perfect medium.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts