Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just idle curiosity.

The seaon at Mount Seymour is end of November through Mid-April. I don't have a lot of seasons to compare, but so far December and January kind of suck, while Feb through April get really good.

So, when does your mountain open and close, and how much of that time is actually usable?

Back Country enthusiasts should try very hard not to gloat, plsnthx.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Summit Counties season starts usually early to mid October and runs till June 7th or 8th. Other than high winds in peak season and the occasional rain storm in the spring it's rideable just about every day. 6 feet of snow last week so good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Could be better could be worse.

We have snow. Most of it is man made but its there. Most of the runs are now open. Surface is very hard. Conditions are good for some hard carving however not so good for falling.

Season is usually from mid December to Mid April if you're lucky.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Metro-Detroit LOL we go December to Mid-March most years. A good year will open Thanksgiving weekend and/or close early April. Every January we expect a week of 50+ temps and rain which destroys the slopes for at least a week unless it dumps again, which it usually doesn't. Conditions are almost always groomed manmade or dust on crust.

I can drive 4 hours north to ski resorts that are marginally bigger which get better natural snow but it's not really worth it most of the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could be better could be worse.

We have snow. Most of it is man made but its there. Most of the runs are now open. Surface is very hard. Conditions are good for some hard carving however not so good for falling.

Season is usually from mid December to Mid April if you're lucky.
Where do you ride in the region? I'm from Aylmer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Big sky. Best opener in 10 yrs (thanksgiving). Conditions to date have been subjectively excellent. Not sure of totals but above average more than likely. Close April 24. Rock on.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hood is Hood. Season at Tline runs from October-September, with Palmer only in the late summer/early fall. Regular all mountain operation at Tline and Ghettos is usually mid November through May. Ski Bowl has a shorter season.

Conditions this year started strong, then turned craptastic for the last two weeks. Lots of season left and I'm hoping for a strong finish. Considering how warm and wet it's been I'm amazed we still have a 70" base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts