Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and didn't really find any user reviews. However, I did come across a number of people selling them. Are there durability issues? How does it compare to other good park boards? I guess the title says it all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've ridden the UltraFear for the past 3 seasons. As an aggressive park/urban rider I am pleased with every aspect of the board including durability. However I have replaced each board at the end of the season (100+ days). You will have to determine your riding style and wether or not you will be abusing your equipment. If you spend the majority of your time on rails obviously the deck wont hold up as well as someone that is riding groomers.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've ridden the UltraFear for the past 3 seasons. As an aggressive park/urban rider I am pleased with the durability of the board. However I have replaced each board at the end of the season (100+ days). You will have to determine your riding style and wether or not you will be abusing your equipment. If you spend the majority of your time on rails obviously the deck wont hold up as well as someone that is riding groomers.
I'm more into natural hits, butters, spins, but I will be frequenting the park more often. The hills in my vicinity are relatively small.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Perhaps you would have more fun with the Horrorscope FK. It's more of a "jib/funstick" if you will aimed toward intermediate to pro riders. Price tag is not as steep as the UltraFear and it has a softer flex rating. The only reason I ride the UltraFear over the Horrorscope is that on larger booters I found a lack of pop with the Horrorscope and solved this by going with the stiffer UltraFear. Hope that helps, but ask away about anything Capita as I've ridden them all.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps you would have more fun with the Horrorscope FK. It's more of a "jib/funstick" if you will aimed toward intermediate to pro riders. Price tag is not as steep as the UltraFear and it has a softer flex rating. The only reason I ride the UltraFear over the Horrorscope is that on larger booters I found a lack of pop with the Horrorscope and solved this by going with the stiffer UltraFear. Hope that helps, but ask away about anything Capita as I've ridden them all.
Thanks man! TBH, I don't know a lot about the capita line. My next purchase will be my last for a few years so I don't want to get all the info on as many boards as possible that suit my preferences.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts