Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing a lot of promotional boards for sale on craigslist. Mostly brand new boards for breweries and distilleries. Are these boards any good? I guess I've mostly seen never summer boards lately but others as well.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have one that was given to me as a gift. I ride it as an early and late season rock board due to mid flex. It actually rides great. I had to do some investigation to find out what brand/model it was. Anyway the quality seems to be good.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,267 Posts
The biggest problem with them seems to be that some yahoo that never snowboarded wins one, then come here or to CL looking to sell it thinking they've got sum super "Limited Edition" wunder board that they believe is worth $$$$$$!

Aside from that they're probably not any different in quality than any entry level snowboard the company makes. If the price is commensurate with that info, then go for it. (...or if you REALLY like the graphics.) 😆PBR??

Don't confuse these promo decks with snowboard contests & giveaways that offer a specific brand/model board as the prize. I. E. Jones Flagship, or NS Proto TT etc.

·
Registered
392 Posts
There were a couple Lib PBR ones they gave away at the lodge bar here last year. Small and twins, so not for me, but seemed well made.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
My girl friend won a Long Trail Brewing board that was made by Rome. No one has ever used it. They are usually just beginner level boards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. I found a couple never summer's on craigslist in my size. But yes they are asking new prices for them. I wonder if I contacted the company if they would have info on the specific board. One of the graphics is super sweet which is why I'm considering it in the first place.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,990 Posts
Interesting. I found a couple never summer's on craigslist in my size. But yes they are asking new prices for them. I wonder if I contacted the company if they would have info on the specific board. One of the graphics is super sweet which is why I'm considering it in the first place.
Have to admit, that's some sweet art.

The thing is, if you put your board up for mega $, either someone will want it or no one will. There's no real downside to making the attempt. And if you get no bites, just re-advertise for something less.

In this case, I think they'll probably get what they want unless the base is trashed.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Depends on whether or not you want to ride a beginner board. If that's what you're after and it looks cool to you then go for it.

Hang it on a wall when you're done with it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This could be the first time anyone has ever bought a NeverSummmer for it's graphics.
the guy who works in my local shop bought a never summer for the graphics. It’s the original design of the 2020 peacemaker that they were showcasing, but they changed the design because it had a cactus on it that looked like a cock going into the horses ass

1 - 14 of 14 Posts