Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What's worst for snow conditions?

1595 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Lamps
Sun (with above 0ºC temperatures) or rain?

*worse
Sun (with above 0ºC temperatures) or rain?

*worse
See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,011 Posts
Rain is way worse for sure. We get plenty of it out here in the PNW. Actually, if it's raining throughout the whole mountain, it sucks, but it's not terrible. When it's wet, thick, sticky snow on top and rain on the bottom, THAT truly blows. Especially if that damned fog is around as well.

· Registered
944 Posts
Rain is way worse for sure. We get plenty of it out here in the PNW. Actually, if it's raining throughout the whole mountain, it sucks, but it's not terrible. When it's wet, thick, sticky snow on top and rain on the bottom, THAT truly blows. Especially if that damned fog is around as well.
That sounds fun, apart from being soaked after a hour of riding. The softer it is, the better for learning park...

· Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,761 Posts
Of course rain is going to ruin your already moisture rich snow! I've actually been out when rain fell all day on a previous 2-3 foot light powder dump. The day after the rain it was still light and fluffy! :blink: Blew my mind! I've got pics...

Not sure where this question is leading though?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.