Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I ran the entire I-5 corridor from Tacoma to Portland at an average of 130mph in an Acura Integra when I was about 18. Fastest trip to Portland I have ever made. Ah, the things we do when we're young. :D If you want to know how fast on a snowboard, I have no damn idea. I never remember to turn on the GPS tracker while I'm boarding. Ill just go with..... FAST.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hit 110 in my geo prizm going downhill on I-15 in montana once. Dont even want to know what the RPMs were. 42 in a 25 on my ten speed once. Actually got pulled over thats how I know. High 40s on my board. Its not about the speed on my board, its the Gs that tickle my pickle.

·
Registered
86 Posts

A blue run at Holiday Valley this past weekend. Just started boarding in January, so I don't think I'll be hitting 70 mph anytime soon like some of you maniacs. Haha.

I should have done a speed run down one of the blacks, but I'm less comfortable just blazing down those at top speed. Best I did was 40.9 on a black.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

A blue run at Holiday Valley this past weekend. Just started boarding in January, so I don't think I'll be hitting 70 mph anytime soon like some of you maniacs. Haha.

I should have done a speed run down one of the blacks, but I'm less comfortable just blazing down those at top speed. Best I did was 40.9 on a black.
what app is that

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Here's my season best....soon to be destroyed! Thats 70 mp/h for you non metric folks.
You're effin nuts homeboy.

Well, out of the times I bothered clocking myself, 48.5 at one of our local hills on snow that wasn't even that fast. David Z was there with me. What is Holly? Like 300 vert? LoL.

I think I'm pretty good around that speed. I won't lie, shit starts to get scary after I pass the 45mph mark. Can't imagine going 70mph :dizzy:

·
Registered
730 Posts
You're effin nuts homeboy. I won't lie, shit starts to get scary after I pass the 45mph mark. Can't imagine going 70mph :dizzy:
Honestly if you have an open run with a clear run out, you can just punch it....

Your snowboard is a vehicle and you are the driver...if you see trouble up ahead, put on the brakes, otherwise keep your foot on the gas! Just be mindfull that rolling hills and cat tracks are launchpads after 50mph....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts