Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 years at Seymour, I'm making the switch back to Cypress this season- The extra terrain and high speed quads and the air bag did it for me.

I'm looking to progress my riding this year and I am so amped to get going. I am currently in Kauai surfing and skating dreaming about snowboarding.

So where my Cypress shredders at??!!
What is your level of riding and what do you want to get out of this season??!!

D.J>

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
I think Timmy and Donutz are Cypress bound this year! :yahoo: From the one day I rode there, it was a fun hill. Lots of good terrain!

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
Yep. And next year, it might be our main hill. My daughter will be 19 and no longer eligible to be on a family pass, so for just my wife and I the price is about the same (as long as TT keeps setting up these corporate deals anyway).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sounds like you've got life pretty much figured out! What's your secret? ;)

Cypress is the best of the locs for sure. TT shreds there lots, I'll be there when I can't make it to Whistler or somewhere else likely. I can ride pretty much everything on the mountain, but I won't be mistaken for a future X-Games star anytime soon. :D

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Yep. And next year, it might be our main hill. My daughter will be 19 and no longer eligible to be on a family pass, so for just my wife and I the price is about the same (as long as TT keeps setting up these corporate deals anyway).
:tongue4::wavetowel2:

Sorry man I had to!!! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you've got life pretty much figured out! What's your secret? ;)

Cypress is the best of the locs for sure. TT shreds there lots, I'll be there when I can't make it to Whistler or somewhere else likely. I can ride pretty much everything on the mountain, but I won't be mistaken for a future X-Games star anytime soon. :D
I really don't have it figured out and don't have any secrets to offer... just love being on any kind of board..surf, snow and recently skate..

here is me bailing hard in Kauai on my skateboard for your viewing pleasure.

Nice to meet you peeps- looking for riders to push the boundaries this year and feed off each other.. holla at me if you're interested!

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
WOOOOOOO. (whilst doing the Ric Flair strut)

Last year was fuckin' awesome.
By far the best year I've ever had and that was my 25th.

I used to go to seymour lots back in the day, it truly does suck ass compared to Cypress.
About 3/4 of the through this past season I started going in the "DANGER PERMANENTLY CLOSED" area.
I had an epiphany, there wasn't anywhere I couldn't go.
Ropes meant nothing to me, if the fall line could take me back to the chair.
I rode it.

There is some fucking sick shit @ cypress.

Kung-pow and Ballistic Mike have seen the gold @ the end of the rainbow.
We had some really, really good days last year.
That day Donutz and poutman came to Cypress, it was shitty, Kung-pow & I stayed so long, by the time we left it had snowed a foot and it was dry.

I know the mtn like the back of my hand.
Doesn't matter what your ability level is, I can take you to mind blowing shit.

I'm startin' to get excited, I got a whole bunch of new boards to try out.
A few I'm itching to try, NS Summit 72, Powder Snake 160 & you should see the Dupraz, it looks like a pwder surf board.

They wanna be the first mtn open, Whistler always opens around the 17th of Nov.
Cypress, I think has been 1st two years runnin'.

I say 20 days & it's go time

TT

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
That day Donutz and poutman came to Cypress, it was shitty, Kung-pow & I stayed so long, by the time we left it had snowed a foot and it was dry.
Snow was like poo, but otherwise the hill was good, I saw the potential! :yahoo:

Not my favourite mountain ever but best one in the Vancouver area methinks...

·
Registered
562 Posts
20 days might happen. It's been a warm, and very dry fall... as opposed to the wet, warm one they predicted. So inevitably it's still bare on all the hills. Whistler alpine got a dump during that storm at the end of September but most of it has gone since. Nobody's even been able to use their snow guns yet really I imagine. It's been cold and windy out on the roof in Oakridge today, maybe it'll snow overnight. It probably will in Whistler but it's still like 6° on Cypress right now though. Temps gotta drop, and the rain's gotta come.

·
Registered
570 Posts
20 days might happen. It's been a warm, and very dry fall... as opposed to the wet, warm one they predicted. So inevitably it's still bare on all the hills. Whistler alpine got a dump during that storm at the end of September but most of it has gone since. Nobody's even been able to use their snow guns yet really I imagine. It's been cold and windy out on the roof in Oakridge today, maybe it'll snow overnight. It probably will in Whistler but it's still like 6° on Cypress right now though. Temps gotta drop, and the rain's gotta come.
Have faith! The show shall cometh, and when it does, there will be gnar. And it will be shredded, and all will rejoice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How about a shredder in training?

I moved to Vancouver about a year ago and started snowboarding last winter. I've only had 6 days on the hills so far, but I've got all my gear and my Cypress pass so here's hoping for snow soon.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ain't got much faith in anything anymore, brother. Sure hope I'm wrong and she dumps like a truck though! Looks like Whistler is at least getting it now.

mjh75 - no worries there! Thing about snowboarding is... you just gotta get out and do it! Perfect thing to get you out of the house and have something to look forward to and be excited about all the time in these long, depressing, dreary, isolating winters here. It's so spiritual for me, it's self improvement. I just started last winter as well, and I'm way hooked. Had close to 40 days last season I'd bet. You already got the pass, just gotta make it out! Any of us would be glad to show you some stuff and ride with you, I'm sure. Welcome to the shedderhood!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement, Destroy. I got a late start last season trying to drag my wife on to the hill so we could learn together. She tried a couple times and wasn't feeling it, but I was hooked. My wife already knows she won't be seeing much of me this winter. The goal is 30+ days. I love being in the snow, probably making up for growing up in Florida.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Ok kids, Whistler is set to open up this weekend:huh:
Saturday I believe:dunno:

Cypress has got this new habit of opening before them:yahoo::giggle:

So if Whistler is set to open on Sat, Cypress is gonna try their damnedest to open on Friday.
They won't call it until Thursday about noon.

They only have to open a tiny portion to claim the honor.

We've got 4 days to get our shit in order.

Who's coming :eusa_clap:

TT

·
Registered
562 Posts
If it does happen it'll be on entirely manmade unfortunately.

I've got a work course on Friday. Who knows when it'll be done. Would be nice to get out early and maybe make it up, who knows!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If Cypress does open before Whistler i MAY go over the weekend or sometime during the week. But seeing as my #2 board is a flexy rocker stick, i'm not looking fwd to riding man-made hardpack... so I can wait. I think ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts