Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyo,

I'm new. Second season on the mountain.

By the looks of this thread, most of you are either at Bachelor or Stevens. Anyone swing by Mt. Hood? Looking for folks to go up with to Timberline and make me git gud.

Cheers~

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
Oh. Well nobody can make you get good. Gotta do that on your own dude.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Now hold on just a second,...!

We tell ppl here alla time to "get out & ride with ppl who are better riders than they are." That doing so will "Up" their game! :D

I agree with that philosophy whole heartedly. It'll either up their game, or put 'em in the hospital. One of the two! ;) lol

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

We tell ppl here alla time to "get out & ride with ppl who are better riders than they are." That doing so will "Up" their game! :D

I agree with that philosophy whole heartedly. It'll either up their game, or put 'em in the hospital. One of the two! ;) lol
Yeah I know. I've said the same thing about basketball for 25 years. But it really depends on the lvl of person you go with. I have a few homies that are pro riders. I don't get better riding with them. They are so far past what I can ever do. And in a sport that is all you getting better is all about how much time you are willing to put in. I've progressed a lot in powder over the years and half of that was riding solo.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts

I agree with this. Riding with others that are better than you pushes you and helps you learn new styles/technique of riding.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I agree with this. Riding with others that are better than you pushes you and helps you learn new styles/technique of riding.
Don't you think they need to be at a lvl where they can actually implement what they're seeing from the person they're riding with? Like if you took a first year rider out on something really deep and steep they prob won't be able to do what they see you doing. But take the same person out maybe year 3 it's a maybe a diff story. Idk maybe I'm crazy. I was really just making fun of his grammer. I hope he gits silly gud.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Don't you think they need to be at a lvl where they can actually implement what they're seeing from the person they're riding with? Like if you took a first year rider out on something really deep and steep they prob won't be able to do what they see you doing. But take the same person out maybe year 3 it's a maybe a diff story. Idk maybe I'm crazy. I was really just making fun of his grammer. I hope he gits silly gud.

Definitely. If the experienced person is parient and can wait a bit. When you step up to a steeper more technical terrain(relative to your current experience) it helps a lot on your current comfort level. What you thought was steep and difficult before becomes easy after just a run or two on heavier terrain.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
Onviously we're talking about within reason. It would be irresponsible as all hell for a group of experienced riders with a NooB in tow to just go ripping into steep, advanced, technical terrain.

Ive ridden with a number of sbf members while still getting my mojo back after injuries, illness etc. Nobody had me follow them off a blind, 15-20 ft cliff drop, or into a 55° steeps section.

Anyone who would do that to a brand NooB rider, isn't any kind of a friend.

(.)~

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Well of course and I hope none of us would do that. I was just being extreme to make a point. 20ft cliffs and 55 degrees sounds awesome

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
I knew that. :lol:

Besides,... I get myself into enough trouble just riding solo.

(...god damned icy, steep moguls.) :eek: :facepalm3: :laugh:

>:)

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Shit you to. I always end up fucked up places. Prob why I can drop cliffs lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Heyo,

I'm new. Second season on the mountain.

By the looks of this thread, most of you are either at Bachelor or Stevens. Anyone swing by Mt. Hood? Looking for folks to go up with to Timberline and make me git gud.

Cheers~
Howdy, also in my second season and am a Fusion Pass holder. Let's link up sometime and go ride. I only got about 10 days in last season so I am in no way qualified to help but I'm happy to flounder and fall with ya!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
Howdy, also in my second season and am a Fusion Pass holder. Let's link up sometime and go ride. I only got about 10 days in last season so I am in no way qualified to help but I'm happy to finder and fall with ya!
That goes a loooong way towards progressing also! :D

Two NooBs, getting on the hill as often as they can & challenging ea. other? That can work wonders. (...at least for one of ya!) ;) :laugh:

You also double your chances of finding riders with more skillz to join up and ride with. :grin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've had some good success tagging along with randos you meet on the chair or parking lot. BYOB and chat up the friendlies, might be able to tag along for a run or two. Be honest about your abilities tho, don't wanna get led to a tree run or cliff drop you aren't ready for. 😉

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Random are tagalongs are fine...but they got to keep up or they get losted. Usually a quick chat on the chair can determine their level of riding and what they are looking for. If what they want and I want are 2 different things, I will point them in the direction...or wave them off (mostly for their own good).

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Especially at bakes. You get lost and you can die. As wrath and I have talked about a lot. I've followed my homies times when I shouldn't have. Idk if it made me better or less afraid. Maybe those goes hand in hand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts