Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello at all!

I'm from Spain (Barcelona) and since I was 6 I played and played Cool Boarders 3 (sure you know about this game).

This winter I want to start snowboarding seriously (I have snowboarded around 10 times this year and I ended doing backcountry (in a forest, not in the top of a hill :)) in my last day)

The question is, where I could find this three boards in a good shape?

Burton FL project, freestyle (1999)

Burton Johan, freeride (1999)

Burton Ultra prime, backcountry (1999)

I looked in Ebay "Worldwide" but nothing. There are some 1990ish (like the 97 "Factory prime" or an freestyle one but the name is not specified and in the burton vault I don't find it).

Where I could look?

Thank you at all

·
Registered
493 Posts
you can find Burton Ultra Prime on bomberonliene forums. But it gotta be used with a hardboots.
I'd advise to get a modern board for start. You'd get more fun.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,446 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
No ones pointing out guy has 10 days riding experience and is doing "backcountry".
Survival of the fittest? Hopefully they don't have tree wells there, since he was only in the trees. Besides he's looking for boards because they were in a video game, not because he actually wants a good board for the riding he does. I think he should talk to the guy looking for the snowboard brand lifestyles.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
No ones pointing out guy has 10 days riding experience and is doing "backcountry".
...a Gnartural athlete? ...a Shredvante?!!! TelePOWthic Learner?? :dunno:

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
I just thought I would let everyone know I farted.

What does that have to do with this thread? Nothing but as there's a lack of side boob, under boob, frontal boob, yoga pants, breeches, or thongs this thread is dead to me.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
What makes this picture better is the avatar pic with the kid. Talk about family bonding.
The boy already appreciates a good rack, but he gets embarrassed when I cath him staring! :D

·
The Swiss Miss
7,446 Posts
Common guys... you're picking on a language problem. He's from Spain. He just chose a wrong word.
I'm sure he meant "fresh" or "pow" instead of bc, and actually meant that he took some laps some meters off the groomers in some fresh and enjoyed that. If the fresh isn't deep, and the guy not untalented, this is well possible after 10 days :dunno:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't even think he means pow. I think he's saying he rode in the trees one day. Certainly not a reason to jump down someone's throat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The last day I went I ended riding out of the "standard" trails (I was riding in a forest avoiding trees with powder (not 1 meter of powder), that forest was next to a "red" course (medium to advanced technique courses in spain, the black ones are for the profesional riders).

I have been looking on the internet and for what i'm looking for, the Burton Ultra Prime and the Burton FL don't suit my needs, but the Burton Johan does.

I measure 180cm/5,9 feet, so the board should be a little less long than me.

Do you know places where I could find it? I tried Ebay.com but there's no luck and in this forums the same. I think it is a rare board but I would not care if the seller is in USA, New Zeland or in China.

I previously find them on the Burton Vault, there's where I got the pictures.

PS: About the Cool boarders 3, it's true that playing it it doesn't makes me a good snowboarder, but that's how I meet this sport :)

See you!

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
You're more than likely not going to find them. Those are dated pieces of snowboarding go get something more modern that's built better and more suited to help you ride. The amount of time/effort/resources to find something like that isn't going to be worth it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts