Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any way other than iTunes to get music on your phone. I don't think ill have service to use spotify or soundcloud. What else is there? and whats some good music like kygo to listening to?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Anyone know any way other than iTunes to get music on your phone. I don't think ill have service to use spotify or soundcloud. What else is there? and whats some good music like kygo to listening to?
I would imagine it depends on your phone - and if you have a USB cable to link to the computer to put songs on your phone.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pandora is a great App that can be used instead of iTunes.....

SnowDog | SnowDogWax.com

Yes, also check out rdio or beats. They all allow offline playback. Rdio is more about showing entire albums by release date and showing what others in your social circles listen to. Beats is more about curated content and if you want to see new releases you have to search for them by name. I use both, each has its merits. Rdio more about discovery, beats when I just want a playlist for a specific activity,but they don't have a snowboarding category

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I just google whatever song I want with "mp3" added and can usually find a link to dl free... Other than that I have over the years ripped my CD's to my compu and then transferred to phones/ipod.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just google whatever song I want with "mp3" added and can usually find a link to dl free... Other than that I have over the years ripped my CD's to my compu and then transferred to phones/ipod.

It's not 1999 anymore, get a music service for $9/month. Not trying to sound dickish, just been drinkin

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,161 Posts
I would imagine it depends on your phone - and if you have a USB cable to link to the computer to put songs on your phone.
:lol:

Oh man,..!!! You & neni both! You are both so sweet and nice!! I love the both a you girls! :hairy: You are always so kind and polite,.. giving these types the benefit of the doubt and treating them better than the trolling schmucks they actually are! Don-choo EVER change!!! :D

"What's some good music to listen too???" Seriously??? Never had a radio before?

Well,.. personally I like A nice fusion of Mariachi and Bagpipes! I listen to that and it usually gets my Stoke nicely "On!" Also, a seriously bangin' Polka when I'm tearing down the steeps can get my juices flowing!

Try Limewire for obtaining music! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I go to a record store.:embarrased1:
Record store is hard to take to the slopes on your phone:jumping1:

SnowDogWax.com

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
:lol:

Oh man,..!!! You & neni both! You are both so sweet and nice!! I love the both a you girls! :hairy: You are always so kind and polite,.. giving these types the benefit of the doubt and treating them better than the trolling schmucks they actually are! Don-choo EVER change!!! :D

"What's some good music to listen too???" Seriously??? Never had a radio before?

Well,.. personally I like A nice fusion of Mariachi and Bagpipes! I listen to that and it usually gets my Stoke nicely "On!" Also, a seriously bangin' Polka when I'm tearing down the steeps can get my juices flowing!

Try Limewire for obtaining music! :laugh:

Bwahaha after I posted that I thought to myself "wtf is this question?" Why are people posting questions that a google search can easily answer for them?

BTW augie...I don't have any paid-for music service thing either. I have Pandora (free version) and honestly don't use it all that much. I too just have a bunch of songs on the computer that I put on my phone when I want 'em. Currently I live on a pretty tight budget and any extra money goes to school and ridin' in the winter months. And during the off season it goes to more essential things like new clothes, car maintenance, doctor/dentist appts, etc. And some goes into savings, although that hasn't been happening too much lately. Once I'm done with school, things will hopefully change. But that extra $10 a month can always go to something. So no matter what year it is, some people honestly might not have the extra money to spend on it or just don't have a real need for it to justify spending that money.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm spoiled, syncing music to my phone was a pita. We are talking early napster timeframe. Wouldn't know were to begin, but honestly, the time it would take me to find songs, download, make playlist, sync to mobile, I could just do 1 hour more of work a month at some job and pay for that music service and end up with more free time than doing the manual pirating approach, I think right? Lately I think more of time then money. "how long would it take me to do it vs work to get the money and have someone/something else do it". Usually ends up that working saves me time vs doing it myself. Good example is I can work one hour, take that money and pay a guy to pick up leaves in my yard for 3 hours. I save 2 hours that way.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I'm spoiled, syncing music to my phone was a pita. We are talking early napster timeframe. Wouldn't know were to begin, but honestly, the time it would take me to find songs, download, make playlist, sync to mobile, I could just do 1 hour more of work a month at some job and pay for that music service and end up with more free time than doing the manual pirating approach, I think right? Lately I think more of time then money. "how long would it take me to do it vs work to get the money and have someone/something else do it". Usually ends up that working saves me time vs doing it myself. Good example is I can work one hour, take that money and pay a guy to pick up leaves in my yard for 3 hours. I save 2 hours that way.
+ 1

Time is money well said:hairy:

SnowDog | SnowDogWax.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
I go the youtube to mp3 route cause I am broke but as for songs from others like kygo, look up mrrevillz on youtube as he uploads songs that are similar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It appears so. old pirate bay is the alternate for now. I assumed the 24 day count down was to open up the site again but the site isn't even available as of now...Wait nvm just checked and it is up. Praise the booty-stealing sea-fairing gods!!

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
who goes on public torrent sites anyway? that's just asking to have media companies send you cease and desist letters. it's all about those private torrent sites that are impossible to get on unless you know whats up.

for example www.what.cd
been using extratorrent for years with no backlash....

... not that i'd give a fuck about one of those shitty little letters anyway..

·
Registered
194 Posts
y'all are what is killing the music industry.
Record store is hard to take to the slopes on your phone
step 1: go to record store
step 2: find desired album on your preferred format
Step 3: hand store clerk your well earned cash so that both the record store and the artist can stay in business
step 4: add the new album to your computer (fyi, most vinyls come with download codes these days. cassettes even [which are a super cheap way to actually pay for much & have a physical copy])
step 5: plug in phone and sync up your new music.

·
Registered
194 Posts
also, bandcamp is the way to go if you just want digital.
bands receive the best percentage of sales, but most bands/labels will also put up albums for free/pay what you want once in a while.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts