Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be planning a trip to go shredding overseas somewhere.. probably in March.. but I'm not sure where to go!
I've heard Switzerland and New Zealand are pretty sick.. but which places/resorts?
I love park riding.. and cruising down the mounatin. Is there certain places that are good in March?
Also, a place that isn't TOO expensive (food, booze, hotel etc..). And of course a resort with a cool nightlife.
If anyone has any cool fun places to recommend, please do!!
Thanks!
Jordan

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mt. Hutt and Coronet peak are pretty popular. Also, if you havent caught the sarcasm I wouldnt try to go snowboarding in NZ in March. Their ski season is during our summer since they are in the southern hemisphere.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Swizerland is quite expensive in general. One reason being that the Swiss franc is quite strong right now. I would rather look at Austria. Especially Mayrhofen, Flachau, Ischgl or Silvretta Montafon if you want a resort with good parks and nightlife.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,447 Posts
Also, a place that isn't TOO expensive (food, booze, hotel etc..).
Forget about Switzerland, it's one of the most expensive countries in Europe... Beginning of March usually is nice with good snow and bluebirds, some years you have pow even in April, but in some years it's already quite warm end of March = spring corn riding. It then depends a lot on how high the resort is. Easter is classically end of season for the lower resorts (low=below 7500ft)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts