Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

For those experience seasonaires / travellers I have a question of where to work for my second snowboarding season.

I'm currently working in Obergurgl, Austria - which is a nice resort, but not really fulfilling all of my requiremets.

Im looking for a resort that is:

-Guaranteed snow
-Insane nightlife
-Great for snowboarders / Off piste / Park
-Reasonable Queueing times
-Relatively Cheap / Offers seasonaire rates.

Not bothered, US / Europe.

Can anybody help? I know it's asking a lot, but If i'm spending half a year there, I want somewhere awesome.

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Are you going to work? Where are you from? Visa could be an issue depending on where you are from.

I am biased but Banff is good.

Snow is guranteed from Mid November to mid May.
Nightlife is second only to Whistler. (In Canada)
Three resorts close by, lots of off piste - trees lots of steeps etc. Other great resorts within striking distance. (Kicking Horse, Revelstoke, Fernie and the list goes on)
Even when its busy here its not bad. Nothing compared to Europe or so i'm told.
From experience nowhere with good nightlife is cheap! :)

Thats my 0.02

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hello all,

For those experience seasonaires / travellers I have a question of where to work for my second snowboarding season.

I'm currently working in Obergurgl, Austria - which is a nice resort, but not really fulfilling all of my requiremets.

Im looking for a resort that is:

-Guaranteed snow
-Insane nightlife
-Great for snowboarders / Off piste / Park
-Reasonable Queueing times
-Relatively Cheap / Offers seasonaire rates.

Not bothered, US / Europe.

Can anybody help? I know it's asking a lot, but If i'm spending half a year there, I want somewhere awesome.

Thanks. ;)
Lots of places in Colorado. Copper, Breck, Keystone, Vail, Winter Park, etc. Copper would probably be my choice among those if I were young and single and looking to mingle.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Lots of places in Colorado. Copper, Breck, Keystone, Vail, Winter Park, etc. Copper would probably be my choice among those if I were young and single and looking to mingle.
Wouldn't it be fun if the person answered back? I'm aware you probably missed the post is 10 years old... but what if that person suddenly got an email notification and answered back after having made a total of two posts 10 years ago.

Did they go on that next adventure to become a life long snowboard bum? A snowboard pro? Did they get married before that next season, had 2.5 kids, got divorced, fired from work and ended up back in mom's basement working for troll farms? Or became an astronaut? Ax murderer? Hollywood producer? Snowboard reviewer?

Oh the possibilities!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wouldn't it be fun if the person answered back? I'm aware you probably missed the post is 10 years old... but what if that person suddenly got an email notification and answered back after having made a total of two posts 10 years ago.

Did they go on that next adventure to become a life long snowboard bum? A snowboard pro? Did they get married before that next season, had 2.5 kids, got divorced, fired from work and ended up back in mom's basement working for troll farms? Or became an astronaut? Ax murderer? Hollywood producer? Snowboard reviewer?

Oh the possibilities!
LOL - You never know he may still be looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts