Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my daughter 125#, 5'3" got her new skis, 181cm, 130mm underfoot, and 160mm tips, rockered deep dish....fucking pontoon smear sticks. Me 180# and 5'6" with only 164 and 159....this is just wrong. Skiers need to back to skinny ass sticks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Wait she's 5'3 125lbs and someone sold her 181 130mm rockered pow fatties? I'm not exactly a ski salesmen but that seems huge for someone her size. Like huge wrong...

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
She is a very advanced skier riding deep pow a lot a baker. I'm sure she is very aware of what she buys.... Even if the are HUGE!

·
Land of the Potato
1,228 Posts
So my daughter 125#, 5'3" got her new skis, 181cm, 130mm underfoot, and 160mm tips, rockered deep dish....fucking pontoon smear sticks. Me 180# and 5'6" with only 164 and 159....this is just wrong. Skiers need to back to skinny ass sticks.
That shit made me crack up haha!

btw, how old is your daughter :giggle:

im 6' and about 190 and my pow board is a wide 161 and my park stick is a 154. 164 and 5'6, thats a boat you got there too lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
God damn those things are long. They look like helicopter blades...I bet if she does any spins, those things will generate enough lift for her to just take off into the sunset lol. :eusa_clap:

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
She's 19, boarded 7-15/16 and switched to skiing 15/16; advanced skills...nooo...skis like a boarder but apparently has the talent to be fearless, loves speed and the ability to keep lose and bounce. Been told that she definitely keeps up with kids who been skiing and racing since they were babies, but probably could not run gates to save herself...and thus a pontoon smear skis that she ordered. When she started skiing, "Dad, its so much more fun, its a more natural stance and stable platform ... and I can go faster." I can only imagine that she'll need new knees by 35. A pic from when she was 16 ripping around...from this...

to this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts