Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Swiss Miss
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone recently flew intercontinental with British Airways, Brussles, Luthansa, United? (They have the best connections from Europe to Anchorage I've found so far and prices are close together).
Are their seats closely spaced? I don't know many Airways going west... but I know that there can be big differences in spacing: I once flew with Iberia to South America 14hrs squeezed like a cull hen, whereas traveling far east with other airways is rather comfortable.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
I'd just stay away from United. They nickel and dime you for just about everything. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fee for using the restroom on the flight.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
The only time I flew British Airways was from London to DC and they fucked up our reservation and put half of our family in the smoking section (ok yea it was over 20 years ago).

·
Banned
257 Posts
i dont know but stay safe if your coming to North America. shit happens on planes. like zombies.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+100.
Anything but United
O great.. just recognized, that the Euro companies just do the part to NY, SF, Philly, Washington, Seattle or Denver, after that it's United anyway, except of British; they would cover the entire flight, in under 20hrs but we would need to stay another night cos they leave too early. I hate flight puzzles! Only good thing is that I know now where nost of your bigger cities are located :rolleyes:

·
Registered
361 Posts
If your traveling in North America I have found west jet to be a fantastic airline, that's if they have your flights though, I think they are just North America.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Once you are in the US you could fly with whoever you like. Like say Alaskan Airlines. I hear they have some flights to Alaska strangely enough...

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Friend of mine flys about monthly to and from various European countries and likes united economy plus over all others. The plus includes baggage fees and has more leg room.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Friend of mine flys about monthly to and from various European countries and likes united economy plus over all others. The plus includes baggage fees and has more leg room.
Will ckeck. Thanks.

If your traveling in North America I have found west jet to be a fantastic airline, that's if they have your flights though, I think they are just North America.
Never showed up on the flight search engines I used. Thanks for the hint, will check as well.

Once you are in the US you could fly with whoever you like. Like say Alaskan Airlines. I hear they have some flights to Alaska strangely enough...
:) from Seattle and Chicago. You'd recommend to do a long stretch with them?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
If you want to check seats go to seatguru.com just figure out the specific plane model you would be flying and you can get the low down.

Unfortunately I'm wedded to united.. Was a long time continental flyer before the merger. I miss the continental days.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Both times I flew to Europe it was on Lufthansa. The planes were always nice and I had enough room, even in Economy. Now, when I was fortunate enough on my second trip to Europe to fly in Business class, that was the bees knees. Sooooo much room, free drinks (both on, and off the plane while waiting for my connecting flight), personal T.V. screens, and plenty of pillows and blankets to go around. Seriously, if you can afford the upgrade, fly business class. You won't regret it. Once you land in America, Southwest is a decent airline to fly with. Alaskan isn't bad either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts