Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

which googles for snowboarding

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Deacon 
#1 ·
hey

was looking at Travis Rice Hubble also Oakley and Anon,what do you think guys

Thanks

#2 ·
I only have experience with Smith I/O and I/Os and I/Ox. The I/Ox have not fogged on me once.

I did tons of research before I bought, and have never needed to sway from Smith.

Their CS is great. My wife and I have their Goggles, helmets, BT audio for helmets, sunglasses and whatever else I'm not remembering.

#3 ·
I have tried and own Oakleys, EGs, Von Zippers, and Smiths. Like everything else equipment wise, it's a personal thing.

I do like the oversize goggles for their wide field of vision. For me, Von Zipper Fishbowls feels most comfortable. That's the goggle I use the most. I still have EG2s but I don't use them at all since I bought the VZs. Personally out of the all the oversize goggles EGs do look the steeziest though.

Since I usually always have my goggles on , comfort is the most important factor for me.

#4 ·
Smith iox here, quick change lenses are super convienent. Fit perfect over glasses, fit over or under helmet(i use mine under), awsome field of view(hardly see any frame and super comfy. Tho i would say if you do wear glasses either invest in some good antifog for your glasses or get the iox turbofan.

#7 · (Edited)
No not yet :( now that its getting warmer outside im going back and forth with my racecar and snowboarding, its never ending lol. Bought a few parts i needed for the car this week so next week is snowboard week :yahoo:, ill order the board and mc's at the same time....maybe even new boots if i have enough overtime money. We really might need help.....but for now ill just buy more stuff haha.

Edit: only one board was left in stock on backcountry/dogfunk.....so of course i had to buy it. Be here on wensday, ill have to make a trip up north to try it out.

My baldface pants and jacket came today though. :thumbsup: super excited about that.

Attachments

#13 ·
1) Forget brand name, look for the one that fits you best. I'm not suggesting the cheapest but the best pair that fits your face. For example, I'm asian and many asian go for Oakley because they have the asian fit option. But I've got a big head and wear glasses; so Oakley doesn't work for me.

2) Also, because I wear glasses, for the longest time I wore RX sunglasses because the OTG options were limited. But this winter, I found a pair of goggles that fit my face and opted for the fan upgrade (another $50). Note, when it's a bluebird day; I have the fan on auto mode. If it's foggy or snowing the fan is always on and makes a whirring sound.

3) If you don't have a fit problem and can chose between several brands (note as far as I know: the following brands offer Spherical lenses).
A) Oakley lenses are extremely durable but have no fan option that I know of.
B) Electric, Smith and Scott all have fan options.
C) Anon has the new magnetic mount that lets you swap your lenses quickly and easily. Quicker than the Smith I/O; you can change lenses without taking your goggles off.

#14 ·
My new favorite is the Giro Onset. Huge peripheral without looking like a giant goggle. I compared it to a friends Oakley Canopy, and it honestly had a larger peripheral which was shocking to me.

Changing lenses on the Onset isn't the easiest, but then again I dont change lenses on my goggles. I usually buy two goggles, an everyday/any condition goggle and a sunny day goggle. I figured this way its not only faster but not significantly more expensive than buying separate lenses, thats if you buy the goggles on sale :giggle:.

#16 ·
I have super cheap Bolle's with amber lenses i got for under $35. They work just fine, but I think I'm going to get some new ones for next season, just for the purpose of checking different lenses out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.