Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 5'9 and 175lbs with 11 boot size. I am think I am sold on the 2013 Lib Tech Skate Banana. My delima is the size vs price comparison. I could buy a 153W for $318. Or I could get a 156 Regular for $370. I basically do mostly all mountain riding but would like to start entering the park more often. I also have a Burton Sherlock 156(rocker/camber). Which board would be a good mate with my Sherlock? As always, I appreciate all opinions.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I am assuming that by "park" you mean rails and boxes and such; as your sherlock should be pretty good for jumps and riding switch.

That being said; the banana is a fairly mediocre board all around, lots of people like them but lots of people haven't ridden anything else in a while.

If you are dead set on it i would go for the 154-156 regular width.

If not i suggest taking a second look as a signal park 154-6 or arbor blacklist 154

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
That being said; the banana is a fairly mediocre board all around, lots of people like them but lots of people haven't ridden anything else in a while.
Horseshit, the Skate Banana is a great board. It used to be overhyped and is not for everything, but it is still in my quiver of 3-5 core boards that I ride all the time.

If you are dead set on it i would go for the 154-156 regular width.
Agree with that. Shorter would give you some more contrast with the Sherlock, but 175lbs you do not want to much shorter than 154 unless it is a dedicated jib stick.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I guess i just didn't like the lack of pop from the skate banana, it felt kind of dead so i got the banana magic. It's a good board, i think the two i mentioned are better in the price range he stated.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You don't need a wide so I wouldn't get one. It might give you more stability at speed but hurt your swing weight and you don't want that with a park deck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am open to other boards but I would like to stay with Mervin boards. I want to see all the hype in magnatraction. What mervin boards and sizes would u recommend? I hear gnu is good too but have no clue which ones are good for my application

·
Registered
884 Posts
if you wan't mervin the skate banana is your best bet. And for the deal you got you shouldn't pass that up.

most other boards from mervin are exactly like it or really close you the sherlock to not make a much of a difference

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you wan't mervin the skate banana is your best bet. And for the deal you got you shouldn't pass that up.

most other boards from mervin are exactly like it or really close you the sherlock to not make a much of a difference
Thanks Riley. I will take that advice. One more question. Would u go 156 or 154?

·
Registered
548 Posts
They had the box scratcher for like 250 on w hisky like last week or so.

Buy it in the off season or just search around . That is way too much 380 or whatever it was

1 - 10 of 10 Posts