Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- sooo I really want to take a snowboarding trip early May when Im done with school but I dont know where I'd be able to ride during that time of year. I've heard whistler, but i'm not sure..... does anyone know whistler riding conditions early May? or does anyone have a suggestion of where to go during that time of year? thanks :yahoo:

·
Super Moderator
6,331 Posts
One of the mountains gets closed down end of April (can never remember which) and the other is sketchy at best.

Not ideal.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
By may it will probably be the galcier only. There's a camp there, but I believe the park they use is private. If you want to board in may you'll be better off at Timberline in OR

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If you've got a few bucks set aside and want to do something fun in May, and snowboarding is your thing then what the hell, go and have fun, don't expect piles of fresh pow, think spring conditions, party in the village and get a bit of time on the hill. If you have some other thing that you like to do such as mountain biking or kayaking you will of course get much more ideal conditions in a sport like that at that time.

I think that a May whistler trip makes sense for those who don't live too far away and have missed out on much of the season do to school for example, and the you say the hell with it, you gotta get on the hill.

If you've only got so much budget for snowboarding and can find time to go during the regular season I'd do that instead. Living in Toronto I'm often tempted to pop back late late season to whistler but can never justify it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Whistler gets closed, it's blackcomb that remains open (has the glacier).
There's a point in whistler around then where you can board blackcomb, bike whistler and play golf in the valley all on the same day.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Whistler gets closed, it's blackcomb that remains open (has the glacier).
There's a point in whistler around then where you can board blackcomb, bike whistler and play golf in the valley all on the same day.
Put that on the bucket list!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Even Blackcomb closes on May 19th, so really depends on when exactly in May you were planning on being here.

I had some awesome days in May 2012, but barely got up there at all this May. Really depends on how much snow they get. If you like riding park a lot, you'll probably have a pretty good time either way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts