Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toying with the idea of doing a season in Whistler next year. Any tips on how to find long term accommodation from expoerienced Whistler seasonnaires or locals? I don't wanna pay much more than 600 CAD per month...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, i have seen stuff everywhere for 1,000 CAD but that's pretty steep, even by European standards. is it really that expensive everywhere?

i was also toying with the idea of living off the mountain and commuting on a daily basis - how feasible is that?

how do you do it?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Depends on how far off mountain you are talking. Whistler has a public transit service (buses). I wouldn't live too far out (ie Squamish or worse yet Vancouver) unless you want to buy a car, then you may as well pay high rent and live close, so... oh and traffic can suck meaning you will miss first tracks

PS, I don't really know man, probably sack up and get in with some feral Australian brahs in a house with 10 others?

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,957 Posts
Whistler's an expensive segment of an expensive area. Trouble with Whistler in particular is that it has little or no "real" town -- it's like Disneyland. All hotels and restaurants and condos geared for the resort crowd. Made worse by all the blow-ins trying to find rent while they work at the mountain :p . Makes for an artificially high-priced market.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Donutz is right.

Assess the reasons for planning on going to Whis.

Some of the other resorts in BC may even suit better?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Donutz is right.

Assess the reasons for planning on going to Whis.

Some of the other resorts in BC may even suit better?
perhaps something else would suit better:

i'm looking for good access to good and varied off-piste riding without the use of cats, sleds or helis (good lift system if you like), good park/s, an open-minded or broad based local community, cheap accommodation :)

anything come to mind?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts