Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear NS, Lib and a few others mentioned frequently on the forum. Just wondering which other smaller underground companies are making quality boards. I had a quick search via web and hundreds turn up, especially in Canada

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If your in Canada, you can look at trappers snowboards out of revy. My buddy got to ride one of their splits and liked it. I have seen them in a shop or 2 in the bc alberta area.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Niche Snowboards makes awesome boards and they've got some of the best graphics out
Niche graphics blow. But I do like the brand's eco friendly direction.

My Neversummer boards are holding up to some serious use. My Proto has close to 30 days on it, with more than half of it jibbing and the top sheet looks almost new. No edge seperation, no delam, no core shots. Def living up to it's rep.

You may want to look at Status snowboards for a similar shape and build.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Just wondering which other smaller underground companies are making quality boards.

My Neversummer boards are holding up to some serious use. My Proto has close to 30 days on it, with more than half of it jibbing and the top sheet looks almost new. No edge seperation, no delam, no core shots. Def living up to it's rep.

Please give it a rest!

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Marhar out of Michigan. Been pleasantly surprised with the quality of their decks and the direction they're going in with the brand. The 2014 stuff I'm riding right now is money the new Throwback rivals the Arbor Blacklist and the Archaic surpasses the NS Proto.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone know anything about Bean snowboards out of Boston?
I met a few of the guys from Bean at demo in NH last month. They are all about making simple full-camber boards. I don't believe they add any dampening either.

I did a 1 run demo of the Violator. It wasn't bad. A bit stiff, not a ton of pop. Though the bindings didn't fit me right. So, I didn't get a good feel for the board.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Since you mentioned Canada, you've reminded me of Prior. They make some good stuff. At least, when I demo'd the Brandywine, I really liked it.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.