Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Travis Rice has pushed snowboarding in a direction I really enjoy watching probably more than anyone else. I appreciate he can support himself doing insane backcountry things and bringing along a lot of other great riders.

Others:
Rene Rinnekangas because he seems to have ACL's made of Kevlar. I don't know how someone can drop 15 feet onto flat parking lots so consistently and not be in the hospital.

Zeb Powell is just so damn creative and athletic. I met him this summer and my impression of him as a tall skinny kid was so far off - that dude's ripped and could probably compete at a pro level in many other sports. Seeing him ride in person is incredible - so fast and aggressive and the height he gets even on the tiniest jump is insane.

Stale Sandbech. "Lines" is the best two and a half minutes of snowboard parts ever.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can’t do just one.. top five that pushed and progressed snowboard culture. That’s why they always will be the top pro’s in my eyes.

1 Terje Håkonsen, was and still is insane.
2 Travice Rise. The new Terje, still progressing and pushing the limits of this game.
3 MFM, style god!
4/5 JP and Jeremy for evolving street snowboarding to what it is today.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Can't really chose one. Too many riders I really respect for different reasons. Love watching the greats like Craig Kelly, Terje, Guch. But Terje and Guch are much less active and not really in the forefront of the sport anymore.

Travis Rice for progressing the sport in so many ways. Bringing Freestyle to some insane backcountry lines. His pillowtalk video is the craziest pillow line ever, all his other movies are amazing as well. He also resurrected the Natural Selection event which is now my favorite event and I hope it continues for many years. Finally a snowboarding event that focuses more on the aspect of the sport I can relate to and identify with. That event is more inline with what snowboarding is to me. While I love watching the freestyle stuff, I just can't relate to doing 1800s off big air jumps and triple corks on a half pipe.

Jeremy Jones for really leading the backcountry and splitboarding revolution. As I grow older his style of riding and his progression in his career really speaks to me. He is also the most vocal advocate for protecting the backcountry and fighting climate change.

Danny Davis in freestyle. No one has the style that he does in the air. No one throws a method like Danny Davis. He is not one of those spin to win riders who feels the need to throw a 1440 on every hit in the pipe, and often does completely different runs each time. Great execution and style in his riding, lots of fun to watch. I would love to see him in the Natural Selection Tour.

For the female riders, Zoi Sadowski Synnott is going to have a monster career. She has been very impressive in everything she does. She is still real young and watching her career will be exciting over the next decade. Robin Van Gyn is a badass, and kills it in the backcountry.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Big list. So instead I will say the most influential.

Nima Jalali, Darrell Mathis, Jordan Mendenhall, Jon Kooley, Wolle Nyvelt, Jake Welch, Cale Zima, Eero Ettala, Taka Nakai, Jake OE. I used to be a rail gypsy. Skinny pants wide stance yo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts