Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts
If I were to find a downside of my CR 59 (apart from the obvious ones like bad switch), it would be icy moguls and being rather twitchy due to the very rapid initiation if you lose your balance and push strong on the front foot like you say rather than being hard to ini.
Thats why I have a Supernaut. Best board ever on concrete snow and bulletproof ice. Can hold a edge were other boards fail. One of my all time favorites.

· Registered
658 Posts
Cheap Tranny Finders and Ottos over at TSA again. £13 shipping for two boards to mainland Europe.

Did you miss the whole Brexit thing? Wont be that cheap and shipping could take a long time.

· Registered
658 Posts
Looks great mate!

I've tested the Dart a year ago (only 56 though) and had a similar impression. That's why I think I'd be looking to get both the CR 64 for longer carves with larger sidecut etc. and then the Dart 56 for shorter, more nimble turns and pow but maintain that wider width so can lean more into the turns as e.g. on the Amplids I have.

Tough question, should probably give the guys at Korua a call anyway if I can come pick the board up given I'll be heading out on the weekend...
Maybe a Dart 160? Happy medium.

· Registered
658 Posts
Doesn't it? Trying to wrap my mind around it. I consider the Terrapin very short for me at 145 cm. This thing is 129 cm and 33 waist. Like riding a coffee table I guess. Or maybe a skateboard. I find myself liking short stuff like this surfing pipe or in tight trees, and disliking short everywhere else.
It looks like a coffee table. Saw the previous one in a shop in Chamonix and looked just like one.

· Registered
658 Posts
And back to my the reason I came here in the first place: anyone riding Koruas with Saloman highlander or hologram? I loved my hologram and I need a second pair of bindings, so I'm thinking of trading my Falcor for highlanders on the CR9. Would allow for even more movement on the board.
Rode Snowdaddy's old Pencil plus with some Quatums. Holy hell what a light setup. Rode great.

· Registered
658 Posts
Speaking of small hill carving I'm a bit stumped. Between a tranny finder, Yes Y or Yes Hybrid for carving small Ontario/ Quebec hills with ultra hard groomers and really tight tree run which would you guys pick? As for sizing I'm a bit unsure. I'll be around 185 when the season starts and likely 175 by mid season, 6ft, 9 US boot. So smaller feet but a bit heavier than recommended for the 153/154s. I'd like to avoid the added width on the 57s but if that's the smart call I'm ok with it. Replacing a 151 Superpig that I just never clicked with.
Would try to find a used Fullbag. They were made there and perfect for those hard/icy conditions.

· Registered
658 Posts
I rode Pentaquark once, was ok but I liked Cafe Racer more that day. Yeahti87 is Pentaquark fan and he says the same to me everytime we talk, so I guess I need to try it again soon :p

No, but your points are valid, it will be probably totally different feeling...

Thx for the tip!

Well, I have a good price on it :) But you got me thinking. Thanks for carving board list, I'll look into that later , it will take a while to check them all, they are almost all "wtf is that" for me, in EU we don't see these boards much ;)
All of the boards on Snowdaddys list are EU brands beside Fullbag Supernaut which is mine.
Tur Buteo is one of the best boards I ever ridden in both 157 and 162. The two sizes ride different, 157 is perfect for smaller resort riding and 162 is a full on free ride deck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts