Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
I finally got to ride my Dart 156 in soft snow, the first few times I rode it was icy rock hard base on most of the mountain and I was not enjoying the board at all.
The snow on this trip is proper spring slush, very deep in places. The board really came alive in the soft stuff, almost playful, I think it would be amazing in powder.

Attachments

· Registered
533 Posts
The Pencil is mazing in powder and I'm sure the Darts as good or better. On proper snow the turning is really fun but on icy snow it's not so fun. Maybe the smaller radius in the front makes it a bit more twitchy and unreliable on ice?
I just found it very difficult to initiate a turn, I think the width combined with the stiffness is the main problem on hard snow and ice.

· Registered
533 Posts
Damn, that’s what I was waiting for! Only question is whether the board/Edge is long enough for alpine tours with icy bits etc.

also seems very wide at 27.5cm waist...
I have the standard Dart 156 and it is not pleasant at all to ride in hard snow and ice due to the stiffness and wide width. In soft snow its amazing though!

· Registered
533 Posts
I rode my Dart 156 exclusively on Now Pilots last season, picked up a set of Now Drives for next season as I felt the board could use a stiffer binding when riding groomers. For powder the Pilots would be fine and they were fine when I rode the Dart in spring slush.

Boot is a US9 and I ride the dart +27 +15

· Registered
533 Posts
Me and my mate both bought Darts last year with the intention of taking them to Japan, well obviously that didn't happen :cry:

Mine is a 156 and his is the 160. I rode mine on three different trips to Perisher, two of them the snow was very firm and I didn't enjoy the board. The last trip was spring slush and I had the best time on it.
With the firm snow it felt like a lot of effort to get the board on edge and it didn't feel all that locked in, double positive angles improved things a lot but it still wasn't all that enjoyable to ride.
With the soft slush the board came alive, it was then I decided it was a keeper, I can only imagine how good it would be in powder.

Attachments

· Registered
533 Posts
Isn't that the entire point of the board though? It's not really a groomer board at all and they pretty much say as such.

These boards are deep day pow boards. Riding it on anything other than 4-6+ inch snow sounds terrifying!
Yes but I would take a step further and say its a board for heli-boarding only. Even navigating to the next stash was sketchy AF, I thought I was going to die just getting off the lift. The board requires deep bottomless pow and nothing in-between.

I'm sure the Korua is different though because they are claiming its great on piste too.

· Registered
533 Posts
I just put some Ride A-10s on my Dart. Previously rode it with Now Pilot but felt they were not stiff enough for this board. I'm taking my Dart to Japan at the end of January so won't be able test it until then other than the living room testing I have already done.

· Registered
533 Posts
Hello Koruans,
Just got my first Korua, Dart 156.
Currently riding on custom x for hard, icy days and dump truck for powder, soft.
Old driver x boots, disintegrated after 10+ years, so i'm now waiting for ride insano's to arrive.
The only thing left is appropriate bindining, since I only have old burton P1 binding, maybe it is to soft for Dart.
I'm thinking maybe to get Ride A10 or C10, and they will be also good match for custom x (now genesis est on them).
Has anyone tried bindings this stiff on Dart?
I currently have the A-10's on my 156 Dart but I haven't tried it yet, we leave for Japan in 3 weeks. I did try them on my 159 K2 Manifest which is also pretty stiff and decided they would be great on the Dart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts