Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Who rides a Korua?

189068 Views 1478 Replies 110 Participants Last post by  Rip154
Their yearning for turning series is so awesome. I love the simple white/red boards and their shapes.
You don't see much info or reviews on these boards, does anyone riding them have any opinions they'd like to share?
The boards that excite me most are the Pencil, Stealth, Tranny Finder and Cafe Racer.

If I managed to ruin my SPAM I imagine I'd be very interested in one of those.

Lets talk Karua!
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really enjoyed riding the Pencil. I've heard some people question their durability but I can't really speak to that. I would suggest if that's a concern that the Plus versions are beefed up construction so they may be a little tougher. however I didn't notice any signs that they were frail, on the contrary the base held up well and even the gloss topsheet, though it took a few chips around the edges but that happens on a lot of boards from impact or lift line dings etc...

the classic line is for deep days only, no edges hahaha you don't want that for ordinary riding days. shape on the Blindgänger looks rad tho.

https://vimeo.com/259604774
Awesome videos!
So hold on, the regular boards dont have an edge???

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Recently shifted my attention to the tranny finder from the cafe racer. I’m kinda between a TF 57 or going Simple Pleasures 56. It’s interesting that the volume shifted 56 SP almost matches the specs of the 57 TF. I’m wondering how a board designed intentionally wide in regards to foot size (TF) would handle vs something intentionally designed to be downsized on (SP). The 56 SP wouldn’t be much of a downsize for me since my other boards are 57-58-59.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
When I emailed them they suggested I ride a 159. I’m 170 lbs and size 9 boots. I was thinking about the classic line. I like a damper board. If my home mountain was more consistent and better conditions I’d have bought it.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I am a 65 yr old 6' 1" 200 lbs lifelong longboard goofy foot surfer and 25 yr snowboarder. Super wide feet 4E and 11.5 boot using a burton ruler wide( Soft boot). I Only stick to carving blue groomers these days and have decided on the korua cafe racer or pencil just don't know the best size. I currently ride a Ride TMS 161 which is now 6-8 seasons old Question is .............. is the 159 to short or the 164 to tall. Are these boards sized up or down
Email the guys at Korua, they’re helpful. At 175lbs they suggested I ride the CR 159.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I got to take out the Sims last weekend and I was very happy with how it rode. I hope you're just as stoked on the banker! I was thinking about Flux XF for myself but I wanted one binding for the quiver and thought they might be a little too aggressive for my other boards. So my Katanas should be here tomorrow!

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Has anyone had the chance to ride the Trenchdigger... no reviews on that board at all.
When i was talking with them about a CR two years ago I was looking also at the TD. They pretty much told me the TD is meant for high speeds on empty and wide open early morning piste, its very aggressive. If thats not what I'd be doing then to look at the CR.

Seems like a 1 trick pony. Hope that helps.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
If the Trenchdigger had a longer effective edge I don't think I'd hesitate to buy it. I emailed Korua about the Bullet Train and the Trenchdigger. The guy at Korua thought the Trenchdigger had plenty of effective edge and that it had a pretty long edge in the tail. It's just that compared to other boards I've been looking at that 1250 mm is pretty short. Compared to my Tracer it's not that short and with the larger sidecut it should grip well in larger radius turns, I suppose.
I’ve been following your quest for EE for quite some time, what kind of riding are you looking to do that you want so much edge?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts