Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Who rides a Korua?

189082 Views 1478 Replies 110 Participants Last post by  Rip154
Their yearning for turning series is so awesome. I love the simple white/red boards and their shapes.
You don't see much info or reviews on these boards, does anyone riding them have any opinions they'd like to share?
The boards that excite me most are the Pencil, Stealth, Tranny Finder and Cafe Racer.

If I managed to ruin my SPAM I imagine I'd be very interested in one of those.

Lets talk Karua!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
It was pretty unreal to be honest. The board did great on groomers and on choppy terrain. I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell the fullbag supernaut now. If I want to carve I'll grab the stealth and if I want to be playful I'll grab the yup.

The stealth is incredible. I'm just completely blown away.
Gee you're getting around @ridethecliche 😂 Lucky bastard.............

· Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
I bought a TF in the end of season sale last year. This winter season is a no go for us in the UK I think, because Europe's borders are closed to us and we're still in quarantine, and there is a requirement to isolate for 10 days after return from abroad, which isn't something that I can do with my job. The situation with the borders is unlikely to be better by April, and that is optimistic.

I'm going to try and go to a Swiss/Austrian glacier in the summer, but those conditions aren't really great for Korua-like boards; I'll probably take my Warpig or Evil Twin.

So the first time I get to try out this amazing board will be >18 months after I bought it! 😭
Feel your pain, will be at least 12 months from the time I purchased the Surfari until it sees snow. Heartbreaking

· Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
You should have gotten that one over a week ago. Just put a nice sticker over the name!
Maybe, but my first priority is getting onto the mountain. I know this sounds easy but for some it's a logistical and pricey nightmare. I'm confident the Yup and Surfari will suffice with the PP as back-up.

· Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I sold the Otto after a few uses or even the spam if it ever shows up. I think the SPAM is lost and gone forever though. Tracking hasn't updated in 2+ weeks. I think it's going to be cool to try, but I'm not sure it would be the daily I'd want.... who knows. Maybe I'll do a full 180 and want to sell the yup after this*.

I honestly think that everyone would call bullshit on this, but I really wish I had just like 2-4 boards that did everything I needed. I don't like having more than like 3-4 because I have to actually think about what I want to ride and that's not fun for me. I'd love a true daily driver and the closest thing I have to that right now is the yup, which is a lot of fun in all conditions except ice and the iguchi which is slightly less fun than the yup but solid in ice.

*Doubtful because at 153.5 it's my shortest board and one that I really like as a tree board for our tighter trees.
For me it's 2 boards and that's only because I air travel. If I lived within driving distance I'd buy a board a week I reckon and keep flipping them.

· Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
I was just gonna say... I traded my supernaut for something ember a year ago. Just saw one pop up for sale/trade on Facebook a week or so ago so they're out there.

Also seem amplid shit on fullbag on AS comments of one of their board reviews so that was kind of unnecessary. Don't know why a company would feel the need to crap on someone that isn't even really a competitor.
Was this on the Morning Glory review? Subtle dig, not much to see here.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Logo

· Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
I'm not sure saying a snowboard companies boards don't ride good is subtle. It may not be worded viciously but it is definitely pretty much the worst thing you could say about a board.
Meh, we live in a world where we are offended by everything and anything.

· Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
So a TF came up today for around $140 USD which caught my eye, unfortunately it seems it's had a core shot but been professionally repaired as per the ad below? I know nothing about repairs so what are people's thoughts on repairs to core shots? It's too small for me but curious on people's thoughts
Wood Rectangle Flooring Paint Tints and shades

Product Font Sports equipment Door Wood

Rectangle Magenta Tints and shades Peach Carmine

1 - 20 of 46 Posts