Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Who rides a Korua?

187275 Views 1473 Replies 109 Participants Last post by  edi414
Their yearning for turning series is so awesome. I love the simple white/red boards and their shapes.
You don't see much info or reviews on these boards, does anyone riding them have any opinions they'd like to share?
The boards that excite me most are the Pencil, Stealth, Tranny Finder and Cafe Racer.

If I managed to ruin my SPAM I imagine I'd be very interested in one of those.

Lets talk Karua!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Great thread to sift through folks - thanks for sharing.

I’m on the verge of getting either a TF or KNWN Northshore for next season. I’m on the east coast & prefer to ride (relatively tight) trees in search of the elusive east coast pow.

Between a slow recovery from exploding the bones in my foot & teaching my daughters to ride I’m spending nearly all my time on piste at the moment though. It’s nice to work on my carves, but I’d love something that also plays nice in the woods when I get back in there (next year come hell or high water!). I’m not a park rat and rarely get airborne.

I’m an 11.5 boot & 5’10”/178cm and hoping to be around 180lbs and fit next season (working on it!). My best years are behind me, but I can still shred.

My current two boards are a 159cm 2008 custom X wide (stiff as hell and near the end of its life) and a powderjet I made myself (very soft, rocker, around 154cm). I feel like something in between the two might be a good all rounder. In terms of shape and specs the TF & the Northshore look to fit the bill.

That said, the ‘Korua are not east coast friendly’ thread (I’m paraphrasing) has me wondering if I’m off base here.

advice appreciated!

· Registered
27 Posts
Thanks folks! It’s my first new retail board in over a decade, so excuse my ignorance. I gather not all taper is implemented the same way (so many subtle variables in snowboard design). The new TF has 18mm of taper, whereas the other board I’m looking at has 30mm. All other things being equal (and I know, they’re not) what would be the key differences, ride wise between those two tapers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts