Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Who rides a Korua?

186867 Views 1473 Replies 109 Participants Last post by  edi414
Their yearning for turning series is so awesome. I love the simple white/red boards and their shapes.
You don't see much info or reviews on these boards, does anyone riding them have any opinions they'd like to share?
The boards that excite me most are the Pencil, Stealth, Tranny Finder and Cafe Racer.

If I managed to ruin my SPAM I imagine I'd be very interested in one of those.

Lets talk Karua!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Sick riding, and also I'm gaga for that jacket. Am I imagining things or do you have your bindings slid back towards the heel edge?
Thanks! Its an insulated Patagonia with custom applied vinyl sleeve, aka "Knapton sleeves"
Bindings are centered, I just have small size 8 feet, IMO better to have heel overhang than toe

· Registered
1,584 Posts
@ridethecliche buy that CR and try to collect every Korua. You know you want to. Think of how much internet cred you’ll get.
Funny enough riding the "softened" 2020 TF reaffirmed why I only need one korua in the quiver, there's much better options if you're not looking for a stiff carving board, the Niseko pleasures usually takes over after 2 hours. If the korua is a racecar then the K2 is a BMW M3, so dialed in and the changes from the simple pleasures really changes the boards attitude, I hate saying any board is the best, but this K2 is damn close!

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Korua sucks.[emoji6]

Buy Amplid[emoji41]

I've bought Aplid Creamer 168 this year, and took it on my last trip.
Ohhh my... That's. Dope board. Stiff as f... Like for AM board, but preety good carving board.

I gave it, some other dude on Korua CR 159,
And i tooked his board. So i felt on icy slope that Korua was very "slippery".
At middle of the run he stops, and said about his Korua : "Until now i thought that i have great board".

But still love those white bullets :) but on morning icy groomers now Amplid is my new weapon of choice.
Neversummer>everything

· Registered
1,584 Posts
My old Salamon Malamut had 200+ days, I couldn't just let them go… I was losing weight as they were losing stiffness, but this held only up until a point. I'm now on Vans Verse, they are comfy and seem to pretty good all mountain carving boots and a good fit for the Café Racer, but almost only used it from split right now. It's what I bougth it for in the first place, I'll see if I need a second pair of all-mountain.
2nd on the vans verse, been on em for 2 hard seasons, they have been great, minimal liner breakdown and it comes with a stiffener kit to refresh them

· Registered
1,584 Posts
And now there is only the NoseRider available - seems I got the last Pocket Rocket 2.0

I am in so much shite later tonight - if I haven't posted on the forum for a few days expect the worst - the quiver is anyones but first in best dressed, that's if the better half hasn't burned them to ashes 😂

So yeah - now I have a Korua, albeit only 129 cm's of Korua
Pardon my ignorance, but that seems like the most useless snowboard ever? What is it for ? Like a surfskate with bindings?

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Have you ever tried the Rossignol Mini? I love mine. It is my go to when riding with my kids. Makes even little hits more interesting. It’s surprisingly stable and carves great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sure i get that, but your rossi mini didnt cost 600 bucks

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Sorry man, not intentionally trying to bust your chops. Just looked a little ballsy to me. Not sure how well that would go over here in the states. I have been hit by somebody a few times over the years while they were riding recklessly, and it didn't end well for most involved.
Yep it would be all good till he hit someone, then we're fucking fighting because you're an idiot who also sucks at riding

· Registered
1,584 Posts
i dunno, the cafe racer was softer than i expected; definitely softer than the mod. the PR just feels weird being as stiff as it is for it's length, like paradoxical and visually confusing. weird little board to ride.
Well it has to be hella stiff, there's not much board there

· Registered
1,584 Posts
short boards are usually soft, like the sushi or the cool bean or capita's spring break shorties. i'm letting others know this board does not follow that trend.
It's not a short board though, its a 129, I hope someone's not dumb enough to think a board like that will ride like a normal board lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts