Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
761 - 780 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah I love to change boards, but changing boots almost scares me. Like it's so good to have boots that fit, I don't want to take any risk… As I said 200+ days on the Malamuts 😅

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Dude 60 days for one pair is a good score i think. Mine Lexicon have meaby 10, and i allready feel they are broken. So i think my old IONs 2015 i think were much better at holding flex.
I kinda expect at least 100 days outta my boots. I'm down to do some boot maintenance and repair over time, and I treat them well. If they don't even last me a season worth of riding, I'm bumming. A catastrophic failure around 60 days just isn't good enough.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Making the most of the possible terrain goes a long way. Turning a small hill into carve central is kind of cool.
Speaking of small hill carving I'm a bit stumped. Between a tranny finder, Yes Y or Yes Hybrid for carving small Ontario/ Quebec hills with ultra hard groomers and really tight tree run which would you guys pick? As for sizing I'm a bit unsure. I'll be around 185 when the season starts and likely 175 by mid season, 6ft, 9 US boot. So smaller feet but a bit heavier than recommended for the 153/154s. I'd like to avoid the added width on the 57s but if that's the smart call I'm ok with it. Replacing a 151 Superpig that I just never clicked with.

·
Registered
817 Posts
For a small hill and trees I’d chose a party board or a simple pleasures
I've looked at those options but they really don't offer the edge hold for the conditions we get. It's %50 granular on ice, %35 ice and if we're lucky %15 what might be thought of as decent snow. I've got a couple looser "fun" decks for when conditions allow it.

Edit. Simple Pleasures looks pretty cool. I demoed the Y and it gripped and turned like a demon which is why it's top of my list.

Double edit. The Simple Pleasures was nixed and they kept the less aggressive Niseko instead.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Speaking of small hill carving I'm a bit stumped. Between a tranny finder, Yes Y or Yes Hybrid for carving small Ontario/ Quebec hills with ultra hard groomers and really tight tree run which would you guys pick? As for sizing I'm a bit unsure. I'll be around 185 when the season starts and likely 175 by mid season, 6ft, 9 US boot. So smaller feet but a bit heavier than recommended for the 153/154s. I'd like to avoid the added width on the 57s but if that's the smart call I'm ok with it. Replacing a 151 Superpig that I just never clicked with.
I have not ridden those exact boards but I own a yes optimistic 154 (Same shape as Y but stiffer) and a korua Otto 157 and I prefer the korua in hard and icy conditions. The yes requires more effort and precision to carve on hard pack and I wash out more often on it. It is super fun to do short carves in soft snow though, and it is perfect for tight tree lines.
Im 80kg, US9 boots

maybe a Tranny finder plus could replace those two boards in my quiver…

·
Registered
511 Posts
Would try to find a used Fullbag. They were made there and perfect for those hard/icy conditions.

761 - 780 of 802 Posts