Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
861 - 880 of 977 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Understandable. Any chance you're using stiff boots? I like my boots stiff to hold my shins providing support as I can relax my legs.
Running ride fuses but tried it with the lasso yesterday with fuse liners. Gonna put Cartel Xs on it tonight for the weekend instead of using the malas that I've had on there for a the last few days.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I haven’t gotten back on it since the initial two days riding - it’s just been ice and blower snow. My initial thoughts are very positive but I’ve been intentionally leaving it on the rack so I don’t tarnish my opinion of it by riding it in shitty conditions where it likely won’t perform well. We need snow! Its such a bummer lol
Lol maybe I should have done this with the otto. It's possible I hate it because it's honestly pretty sub optimal out. I wanted to take it to Jackson hole but didn't end up doing it since I figured I should ride a board that I knew well.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My Bullet Train (with great edge hold) and my Pencil plus see little action. I still wouldn’t get rid of them. They’re just too much fun.

Very often when I’m going somewhere and contemplate which board to bring I just end up picking my First Call 151. Not because of edge hold, but because it’s just accessible. I have fun riding it at lower speeds and it works riding switch, meaning I can swivel it around easily every other turn when I’m riding with my kids. My switch riding need every help it can get, but I expect I’ll move on to more directional boards soon (the Bubo) for bunny hill or family fun.

The point is that my current Korua boards are just not suitable for my every day riding. They are still my favourite quiver boards.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Running ride fuses but tried it with the lasso yesterday with fuse liners. Gonna put Cartel Xs on it tonight for the weekend instead of using the malas that I've had on there for a the last few days.
I just got new Fuses, and I'm rocking my old liners in them for awhile. It's great to have the response of a new boot without having to break it in at all.

I wonder why more boots don't use a burrito wrap liner. I personally love the feel.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I just got new Fuses, and I'm rocking my old liners in them for awhile. It's great to have the response of a new boot without having to break it in at all.

I wonder why more boots don't use a burrito wrap liner. I personally love the feel.
Bought my son a pair of lasso pro wides because he finally outgrew my hand me downs. They're so comfy.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Looks like my korua days are going to come to a hiatus. I really did not like the Otto for my riding style and have a trade lined up for it.

I loved the stealth and I'm still unsure about this... But I have a trade lined up for it as well.

I have a feeling ill come back to them in time when I have a bit more experience. I can't wait to get rid of the Otto but I'm still not sure about the stealth. I just know I need to ride the stealth 10/10ths to enjoy and I'd like a board I can dial back on. Riding the stealth on open groomers was one of the best feelings I've had on a snowboard. Hopefully the board im trading it for comes close but allows me to tool around a bit more.

I just realized I'd never pick the Otto over the spam. So that made that one way easy hell, if my iguchi was a bit wider I'd never ride the Otto over that either. Thankfully we all have different tastes.

I think it might be time to mess with amplid next!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Looks like my korua days are going to come to a hiatus. I really did not like the Otto for my riding style and have a trade lined up for it.

I loved the stealth and I'm still unsure about this... But I have a trade lined up for it as well.

I have a feeling ill come back to them in time when I have a bit more experience. I can't wait to get rid of the Otto but I'm still not sure about the stealth. I just know I need to ride the stealth 10/10ths to enjoy and I'd like a board I can dial back on. Riding the stealth on open groomers was one of the best feelings I've had on a snowboard. Hopefully the board im trading it for comes close but allows me to tool around a bit more.

I just realized I'd never pick the Otto over the spam. So that made that one way easy hell, if my iguchi was a bit wider I'd never ride the Otto over that either. Thankfully we all have different tastes.

I think it might be time to mess with amplid next!
So, what are you getting?!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
So, what are you getting?!

2 boards I've never ridden lol. I'll post about it elsewhere once the trades are done. They're not koruas so I won't litter this thread.

I think the 153 Otto might have been fun, but the 157 for me was planky even on okay ish groomers. It's possible I didn't give it a fair shake in decent conditions but that's the reality here.

The stealth im honestly worried about missing but I hope the replacement is 90% as good at pure carving and 10x better at being more relaxed with.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've just had two perfect Korua days: light pow and perfect groomers in between. The café racer has been absolutely addictive in this conditions, I trashed my legs so bad. I even skipped some pow to get some more caves . I had to reason myself into giving some time to the asymulator. Full review dropping soon!

I'm so glad I didn't get the Otto or TF though. Even with a bit more tail and rocker, I don't want this kind of inertia on a more freestyle board (but it's crazy good for carving)

Envoyé de mon H8324 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hoping to get on my Otto for the first time next weekend. I took my Ravine to Southern VT a couple weeks ago since the conditions weren't great and I knew I wouldn't have a chance to aggressively carve. I'll report back once I've put some time on it.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
So I'll update the thread...

I'm 5'10, 170lbs, and wear a size 8 boot. I bought the Otto 157 last season and didn't get a chance to ride it then unfortunately. It's been pretty barren out east in the early season, but it is what it is...

I rode the board on groomers at Jay peak, sticking to the safe areas since a lot of the 'groomers' were more like 'yeah, yer sheets gunna get farked'. I honestly can't say exactly why but I just really did not like the board. I tried a few different binding positions, but no matter what, it felt planky and very stiff to me. I had that feeling with my 156 stealth when I first got it, but after a few laps I started to love it. I've never ridden a board that I couldn't wait to get off before.

For me, I think the stiffness of the board and the width at my boot size just led to a situation where it wasn't fun for me. The stealth is pretty stiff as well, but IMHO the huge nose and aggressive taper really helps initiate turns and makes it feel like the board is just rolling from edge to edge.

Maybe I would have had a different reaction if I had sized down a bit more so I think I'd actually love to try a 153. Realistically though, I don't really see how/why this board would really fit in my quiver. I don't need a carving board that tries to be a freestyle board.

I traded the 157 otto for a 147 orca just for sheets and giggles. I have a feeling I'll try it and sell/trade it unless my GF really likes it. We're going to steamboat soon and I think it might serve her well for the deep days there.

I traded the 156 stealth for a 156 simple pleasures. I'm not really sure about this trade, but I think the SP is going to be more accessible to me since I'll be able to ride it not at 10/10th's all the time. The stealth was my first korua and I honestly really loved it so I'm feeling a bit torn about having gone through with this but isn't trying a lot of boards part of all the fun?

I think I'm going to start the hunt for a 154 TF or 152 dart. Those are the koruas I'm going to eye next. I think that they'd be a blast and I'll be able to get the most out of them at my weight and boot size.

Till we meet again Korua!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

I'm 5'10, 170lbs, and wear a size 8 boot. I bought the Otto 157 last season and didn't get a chance to ride it then unfortunately. It's been pretty barren out east in the early season, but it is what it is...

I rode the board on groomers at Jay peak, sticking to the safe areas since a lot of the 'groomers' were more like 'yeah, yer sheets gunna get farked'. I honestly can't say exactly why but I just really did not like the board. I tried a few different binding positions, but no matter what, it felt planky and very stiff to me. I had that feeling with my 156 stealth when I first got it, but after a few laps I started to love it. I've never ridden a board that I couldn't wait to get off before.

For me, I think the stiffness of the board and the width at my boot size just led to a situation where it wasn't fun for me. The stealth is pretty stiff as well, but IMHO the huge nose and aggressive taper really helps initiate turns and makes it feel like the board is just rolling from edge to edge.

Maybe I would have had a different reaction if I had sized down a bit more so I think I'd actually love to try a 153. Realistically though, I don't really see how/why this board would really fit in my quiver. I don't need a carving board that tries to be a freestyle board.

I traded the 157 otto for a 147 orca just for sheets and giggles. I have a feeling I'll try it and sell/trade it unless my GF really likes it. We're going to steamboat soon and I think it might serve her well for the deep days there.

I traded the 156 stealth for a 156 simple pleasures. I'm not really sure about this trade, but I think the SP is going to be more accessible to me since I'll be able to ride it not at 10/10th's all the time. The stealth was my first korua and I honestly really loved it so I'm feeling a bit torn about having gone through with this but isn't trying a lot of boards part of all the fun?

I think I'm going to start the hunt for a 154 TF or 152 dart. Those are the koruas I'm going to eye next. I think that they'd be a blast and I'll be able to get the most out of them at my weight and boot size.

I’m pretty sure you’re gonna love the SP. I felt right at home on my NP. Just got finished taking some runs on it today and continue to be happy I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I’m pretty sure you’re gonna love the SP. I felt right at home on my NP. Just got finished taking some runs on it today and continue to be happy I bought it.

I was honestly really hoping to find a 151 in a trade for the otto but it just wasn't happening. I still think I might be happier on a 151 if I got to keep the stealth, but now I might just look for a dart in the smaller size since that would be littttt. Probably going to try to trade the orca for a better tree board. Figured it was better trade bait.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I was honestly really hoping to find a 151 in a trade for the otto but it just wasn't happening. I still think I might be happier on a 151 if I got to keep the stealth, but now I might just look for a dart in the smaller size since that would be littttt. Probably going to try to trade the orca for a better tree board. Figured it was better trade bait.
How much do you weigh?

·
Registered
117 Posts

I never tried the Otto, but I feel you there. As I said, I love my CR, but I wouldn't want this kind of plank, weight and inertia on freestylish board.

I have yet to a plus version though, which child change my mind. I think Lars pop (or is it Maurer?) is riding a lot of TF plus in the park.

Envoyé de mon H8324 en utilisant Tapatalk

861 - 880 of 977 Posts