Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Who rides a Korua?

186965 Views 1473 Replies 109 Participants Last post by  edi414
Their yearning for turning series is so awesome. I love the simple white/red boards and their shapes.
You don't see much info or reviews on these boards, does anyone riding them have any opinions they'd like to share?
The boards that excite me most are the Pencil, Stealth, Tranny Finder and Cafe Racer.

If I managed to ruin my SPAM I imagine I'd be very interested in one of those.

Lets talk Karua!
1201 - 1220 of 1474 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Silly question but with Korua, they seem to keep the same look since, well, day one they came around.
Compared to all other snowboard companies, how do you know you buy a 2022/2023 model with Korua?

Any opinions about getting K2 Lien AT for a CF?

Envoyé de mon A100 en utilisant Tapatalk

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Silly question but with Korua, they seem to keep the same look since, well, day one they came around.
Compared to all other snowboard companies, how do you know you buy a 2022/2023 model with Korua?

If it’s the same as last year’s model, does it matter?

· Registered
650 Posts

They keep the same look very specifically so they don't get pulled into yearly model cycles.

Korua board age doesn't matter as long as you buy something in the past ~4-5 years or so. Don't know exactly when they switched factories, but the pre-Nobile stuff is apparently crap. I had a buddy who has basically a Korua-only quiver who wouldn't touch them for years after trying some of the year one and year two stuff.

· Super Moderator
1,829 Posts

I love my K2 Lien AT bindings. I run them on my amplid Surfari with the blue pads and heel block and the response is great. Comfortable, easy, adjustable and just work. Only binding I'm going to take next week to run across a few boards and try the other softer pads and no heel block.

· Registered
2,402 Posts
I love my K2 Lien AT bindings. I run them on my amplid Surfari with the blue pads and heel block and the response is great. Comfortable, easy, adjustable and just work. Only binding I'm going to take next week to run across a few boards and try the other softer pads and no heel block.
I've been enjoying the blockless feel.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Curious if anyone is using a pencil as a dedicated powder board?
Not exactly dedicated, but if there's pow and I want to ride faster I get my Pencil plus. It's great when you want to go a little faster, but still ok to maneuver in trees.I could get another more pow specific board, but knee deep is usually deep for me. Another reason I enjoy the Pencil is that it's also great fun as a carving resort board. So you can hunt pow and carve at the same time.

Tried the classic Tranny Finder 157 (the one with lots of taper) and loved it. Damper than the plusline but still a lot of fun to ride.

· Registered
595 Posts
I think from the normal line, all the "big boat nose" would work as a dedicated powder board, but you would be missing out a lot if you didin't ride on groomers too. The Dart would be the choice I guess. Else for a really dedicated pow board from Korua, there were their concept series (Obelisk, Pocket Rocket etc.), but they seem to be all sold out.

· Registered
355 Posts
I think they all could work, certainly the Pencil. Every board in the line has a huge low rise nose with a good amount of rocker. They are wide and massively tapered. Even though it is the 'freestyle' model, the Otto57 is one of the best boards I've ever ridden in powder. Dart was insane too obviously with the swallow tail, the Pencil is similar but a bit faster and less slashy (but still very slashy compared to a normal board). Choose the shape you think looks nicest and it will be amazing. All their boards are powder boards!

· Registered
75 Posts
Do you happen to have the the older version with more taper or the newer version? I was able to get my hands on a used TF 154 at a good price but it is the older version, any major differences in how it rides that you know of?
I believe it is the newer version as I noticed a change in taper. I can only compare to my experience with the Korua Puzzle. The Puzzle had extreme taper at a 31mm difference when measuring the nose and tail. When riding the Puzzle, I could feel a triangular sensation when carving edge to edge. With the new TF, I no longer feel that triangular sensation. I'd say it is a balanced out feeling and it rides switch nicely

· Registered
1,732 Posts
I think they all could work, certainly the Pencil. Every board in the line has a huge low rise nose with a good amount of rocker. They are wide and massively tapered. Even though it is the 'freestyle' model, the Otto57 is one of the best boards I've ever ridden in powder. Dart was insane too obviously with the swallow tail, the Pencil is similar but a bit faster and less slashy (but still very slashy compared to a normal board). Choose the shape you think looks nicest and it will be amazing. All their boards are powder boards!
It's true, love my Otto in pretty much any conditions. I've never had it in really deep, but thigh deep I never thought it was lacking.

· Registered
33 Posts
I believe it is the newer version as I noticed a change in taper. I can only compare to my experience with the Korua Puzzle. The Puzzle had extreme taper at a 31mm difference when measuring the nose and tail. When riding the Puzzle, I could feel a triangular sensation when carving edge to edge. With the new TF, I no longer feel that triangular sensation. I'd say it is a balanced out feeling and it rides switch nicely
I’m also looking at the 2023 vs 2022 Transition Finder. James at the Goodride and angrysnowboarder seem to find an improvement in the 2023 model with the smaller taper.

· Registered
198 Posts
Btw I heard there is an updated version of the CR+ coming this year. Not sure if this has already been mentioned anywhere but in case you were wondering why there are none available on the website...apparently back in stock soon with some adjustments (not sure which ones though)

· Registered
33 Posts
You are correct on the name change from Tranny Finder to Transition Finder in the 21/22 model but it kept the same specifications with the the taper (26cm taper for 154cm).

So the taper change is for this 22/23 season (18cm taper) of the Transition Finder so if you are purchasing one from any store, make sure you have them confirm the taper sizes to differentiate the season model because I had to have several stores do it as they also confused the 22 and 23 models.

1201 - 1220 of 1474 Posts