Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
I’ve probably got somewhere north of 20 boards currently. They range in size from 151 to 195. There is old school camber, new school camber, crc, rcr, flat, surf rocker. Spoon/ lifted contact points. Traditional single radius side cuts and about every other type of side cut or edge tech available. Twinish to very directional. Just the softer side of the middle to death plank stiffness. 25cm-29cm waist widths. 6.5m to 14m radius. Long effective edge to overall length ratio and the opposite. Mostly solids but a couple of splits also. If you’re happy with the same shape and camber that you’ve been riding since the wheel was invented, have at it. Some of us enjoy experimentation, variety and getting weird. Also, some beginners prefer to learn without getting their ass kicked by their equipment.

you wanna talk about least sense? putting rocker in the middle so the board feels washy, and you have no power and putting camber on the outside so you can catch all the edges, DA FUQ?:unsure:
A hybrid rocker is designed to loosen up your ride but give you some camber stability. Subtle profiles take care of the edge problems of the camber for some of these kinds of boards. Mixed together you have a good powder float and turn initiation.

I got no issues riding a Burton Flying-V (CRC). My legs are less tired after a day on the slopes compared to my much stiffer camber boards. I actually prefer my flying V profile board

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I have 2 camber boards (both of these have triple base as well, as they are bataleons), and I just got myself a Rome National which is rocker-camber-rocker, which pretty much makes it a more well-pronounced camber with more float and pop - what's not to like?

I'm definitely a camber girl, I really like that you can load it up so well. The board I ride most (Bataleon Distortia) has really mellow camber (and i'm guessing after 25+ weeks it got even softer), but still has a lot of rebound and pop. I feel like rockers/flats miss this rebound and this makes them less lively to ride. The Rome National was one of the first rocker-camber-rockers I rode and it blew me away last year, because it was really poppy, like it exploded out of turns, into carves, while at the same time it still had float and was incredibly responsive in deep slush. It was just in general really ballsy and fun. So I just had to get myself one and i'm really excited to ride it next winter :) The benefits of camber-rocker-camber i don't really see, but I'm also guessing it doesn't really fit my riding style so it might be nice for other people.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
If you add magnetraction to Camrock (like Rossi One) it grips no worse than the CRC you’ve listed. Magnetraction is the saving grace in the CRC by Mervin.
That’s why Burton’s pure CRC ‚flying V’ doesn’t require Coronavirus to be always on 40 % discounts and is always considered washy if it’s not Guardian’s or Bravo Girl top 5 boards type of review.
This is so right. In Australia it's always the hybrids that are still hanging in there at the end of the EOS sales. I'm sometimes tempted to grab one at 40% off but feel I'd only ride it a few runs and jump straight back on a stiffer camber profile as it best suits how I want to ride.

I forgot my keys once this year and ended up renting a NeverSummer Big Gun. Let's just say I'd never buy anything with a rocker dominate profile.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.