Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around this forum and posting here and there, and I have yet to come up with a binding solution.

The price isn't really any of my concern, just getting the right stiffness and quality.
I'm looking for something around a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most stiff.

I'm looking at the Burton P1.1 bindings, but everyone here seems to think they aren't top notch for one reason or another.
I'm also looking at the K2 cinch CTX bindings and also K2 is a very reputable brand in the ski market and nobody seems to care for any of their snowboarding equipment.

I dunno, I'm just trying to make a decision then look for the best price. =)

·
Registered
156 Posts
The price isn't really any of my concern, just getting the right stiffness and quality.
I'm looking for something around a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most stiff.

I'm looking at the Burton P1.1 bindings, but everyone here seems to think they aren't top notch for one reason or another.
I'm also looking at the K2 cinch CTX bindings and also K2 is a very reputable brand in the ski market and nobody seems to care for any of their snowboarding equipment.
K2 makes good quality gear. Don't let their lack of presence on a place like this fool you. Many people here are going to be somewhat brand-elitist and look down at ski companies like K2 and Salomon, as well as a big company like Burton just on principle of being "the big uncaring corporation". Fair enough, who doesn't like the little boutique underdog? but they do make good products if you look at their mid to upper tier stuff. I would avoid their lower tier bindings; it's cheap and made for big box sporting goods stores selling high volume to people only looking at the cost.

If you surf around the net, there is a lot of love for the K2 Formula (strap-in) and the Cinch CTX (not the low end version though, too heavy). Broaden your search off of a microcosm such as this. There are other opinions than those of this forum's denizens...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I've been searching around this forum and posting here and there, and I have yet to come up with a binding solution.

I dunno, I'm just trying to make a decision then look for the best price. =)
Burton Cartels (7) or Triads (6) if you want to use Burton bindings.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I dont mind burton bindings. I dont know what mine are they just replaced my old ones for this season. They ride fine and arent too heavy. Like the guy above me said ppl hate burton because its a huge company. For bindings it really doesnt matter because the upper tier ones are going to be good. But for boards I think that burtons not so great. Most of their stuff is mass produced and most people dont dig that. Anyway just get what you like and if you get a chance test a few brands and see what you like. I tested some nxt's and found them to be too tight and didnt like them. I may have bought them if I hadnt tested them and found out they werent for me. Your local loft shop may let you demo some stuff if you ask nicely.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well I don't hate Burton P1's. Butron makes top notch bindings. But they also aren't the end all in bindings. K2 also makes top-notch gear. The Burton Cartels is what I'm rocking this year and they have been solid with nary an issue.

B

·
0 Posts
As for the P1's, I couldn't stand them. Some may swear by them but they were just way too lose for my liking. I would say they are a good quality binding and very comfortable, just not my thing. I switched to the C60's for the extra stiffness but think those might be a little too stiff for you. Try the C02's or the triads

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's not true that nobody really cares for K2 snowboarding equipment.
Their bindings and decks usually get great reviews. AngrySnowboarder aka BurtonAvenger seems to like K2 as well. I'd trust his opinion before most.
Make a pot of coffee or grab a beer and go reading, very informative stuff: The Angry Snowboarder

$

·
0 Posts
I have P1s right now and I like them a lot. My only gripe with them is that the straps on mine seem to loosen a little every once in a while. I usually re-tighten every time I get off of the lift so it's not a big deal for me.
Decent mid-range-ish flex.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why no love for the search button? A new asswipe comes in each week and starts a topic like this.
If an "asswhipe" didn't come in each week and start a topic like this, the forum would contain 0 information, therefore making it completely useless.

This forum will have no worth if its members treat people who ask questions in this fashion. I'm pretty sure asking questions is the sole purpose of a blog in general.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I think Triple8 didn't read the entire thread... just glancing at the title it seems like another "why does everyone hate Burton" threads (which, to be honest, are a bit overdone)...

The main reason I think is because of price... but if that's not an issue I'd look at what some of the Burton people have suggested.

K2 Formula's have a pretty good rep (Angry/BurtonAvenger likes them, although not next years as much I believe, so maybe pick up this years). I personally like my EX's (I find them very responsive, and they have padding (which can be upgraded)) and I don't think they're that heavy, although I've heard complaints on that (aluminum :dunno:). The RX's might be a better choice as I've heard that they're a bit more freestyle oriented and a bit less stiff (they also come with the Wedgie 3.0 originally which you'd have to upgrade with the EX), but either should work.

Mostly from hearsay, but I'd probably go with the Formula's as being the best for a rider who wants to do both. (Burton people can fill you in on their lineup).

By the way, Triple8, you happen to like Armored Core bychance?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts