Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I actually have a TRS already and find it to be too aggressive for where I'm at, and on the stiffer side. Part of that might be because I bought it a bit long for my weight though.

And yeah I definitely want a true twin.

evo has the 2013 slash park down at $299 right now, so if it's not terrible in powder, and not too soft, I think that's going to be my choice.

My other board is a nug, so I'm trying to get something right between the two until I get more of a riding preference. It's intended to be an all-arounder progression board, so staying cheap is important.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
I actually have a TRS already and find it to be too aggressive for where I'm at, and on the stiffer side. Part of that might be because I bought it a bit long for my weight though.

And yeah I definitely want a true twin.

evo has the 2013 slash park down at $299 right now, so if it's not terrible in powder, and not too soft, I think that's going to be my choice.

My other board is a nug, so I'm trying to get something right between the two until I get more of a riding preference. It's intended to be an all-arounder progression board, so staying cheap is important.
On the cheap side and progression I'd really push ya towards a Flow Era or Echelon Orion.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I just realized Yes Jackpot in your original list does have sintered/magne.

Curious then, between Flow Era/Echelon Orion vs Yes Jackpot, where will the differences show up?

Jackpot is CamRock, so camber in the middle instead of rocker or flat like those two. Slash Park is similar but softer I guess.

It looks like the Jackpot has a stone grind base which might also be good for the slush up here.

Edit: Looks like BA hates it, haha: http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/2013-yes-jackpot-used-and-reviewed/

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
I just realized Yes Jackpot in your original list does have sintered/magne.

Curious then, between Flow Era/Echelon Orion vs Yes Jackpot, where will the differences show up?

Jackpot is CamRock, so camber in the middle instead of rocker or flat like those two. Slash Park is similar but softer I guess.

It looks like the Jackpot has a stone grind base which might also be good for the slush up here.

Edit: Looks like BA hates it, haha: 2013 Yes Jackpot Used and Reviewed «
Correction, it has Tragna Maction. Which to be honest is worthless. What it does have is camrock. So the camber profile directs all the grip to your feet. Camrock inherently has a ton of grip.

The Jackpot he got for review was a bit softer than what ended up in production. Unfortunately he often doesn't get told about small changes before production runs and doesn't have time to track all that down. And they've since tweaked the spot where the camber turns to rocker. It's pushed further towards the tip now. The boards coming out of Elan and now GST have a bit different profile compared to the ones from Nidecker. They're better overall.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts