Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
@Yeahti87 what size did you end up getting on the Kazu? I came upon this thread Capita Kazu - sizing and i'm pretty much in the same boat, torn between the additional float and width of the 160 and a nimbler ride of the 157..
I ended up with 157 and if I were to buy it again I’d get 157 again for all mountain/freeride mix. It is still a board to do some freestyle on (otherwise there are better choices).
It doesn’t have much taper so rides switch well but it is enough to float (I had no chance to ride it in powder yet so this float rating is based on slush and keeping my weight centered there).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I ended up with 157 and if I were to buy it again I’d get 157 again for all mountain/freeride mix. It is still a board to do some freestyle on (otherwise there are better choices).
It doesn’t have much taper so rides switch well but it is enough to float (I had no chance to ride it in powder yet so this float rating is based on slush and keeping my weight centered there).
Right, ya this will be my go to free-ride deck so needs to be a stable hard charger that can float at moderate to high speeds. My riding style definitely includes some freestyle no matter the terrain, as well as lapping the park without having to swap boards.. I don't have a pure charging carving board in my quiver as this isn't really my jam. My only concern with the 157 is that I would ideally want a little bit more waist width than 255

·
Registered
259 Posts
Right, ya this will be my go to free-ride deck so needs to be a stable hard charger that can float at moderate to high speeds. My riding style definitely includes some freestyle no matter the terrain, as well as lapping the park without having to swap boards.. I don't have a pure charging carving board in my quiver as this isn't really my jam. My only concern with the 157 is that I would ideally want a little bit more waist width than 255
If you don’t plan to truly euro carve it, just these ‚surfer’ carves with your hand on the slope it will be ok with 10,5. I have 10 US Tacticals (a hair below 30 cm outershell) and I like wider boards myself, around 272 at the inserts is perfect for me.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts