Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have bought a new snowboard (width 25,3 cm). I have boot size 44 (US 10,5) and a binding in L. Should I rather buy a wide bord or is it still ok? The boots are looking a bit out (img.)

Automotive tire Wood Chair Fender Automotive exterior

·
Registered
121 Posts
If this overhang doesn’t bother you, most probably you should not worry.
Although test if you have an occasion a wider board, who knows, which one you like better.
I personally think that 10.5 boots work much better with 260+, happen to have this exact size

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
You'll be fine. Kinda looks like bindings should slide a bit closer to the toe side tho, can't tell if it's the angle or what. Ideally you should try and center your foot on the board.
I would get a large binding with 10.5 so you don't have to worry about running out of strap. Really it's all about personal preference. If you think you want a wide and can return it go for it.

I love the fast edge to edge action of a regular wide but I can't get as low as I want when carving. On my wide it's not as fast edge to edge and I still will boot out if I get low enough, but it is more fun to carve. I'm not the biggest fan of wides, but I do love volume shifted boards because I got no boot out at all. All have advantages and disadvantages and need to be ridden in different ways.

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
Hello,
I have bought a new snowboard (width 25,3 cm). I have boot size 44 (US 10,5) and a binding in L. Should I rather buy a wide bord or is it still ok? The boots are looking a bit out (img.)

View attachment 159032
Hi Nome,
It is really important that you match board width based on barefoot measurement, not boot size or shoe size. All gear choices (board, boots and bindings) are based on these measurements.

Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

STOKED!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts