Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought 11.5 Burton Motos and some L/XL Union Contact bindings. I haven't gotten my snowboard. I was thinking about getting 157cm Rome Agent Rocker but I'm not sure if the board is too narrow or not for my boot size. I know the waist width of the board is 253mm but I have heard that is not a great measurement to go off of. Does anyone have a 157cm Rome Agent Rocker that can tell me the width around the inserts so I can see how much toe overhang I'll have? If the Agent is too narrow, I'll probably go with the Lib Tech TRS 157 Mid Wide. Thanks in advance.

Rome Agent Rocker: Rome Agent Rocker Snowboard 2015 | evo

Lib Tech TRS XC2 BTX: Lib Tech TRS Stealth XC2 BTX Snowboard 2015 | evo

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
well a size 11 would be fine on a regular board with a waist width of over 250mm but i'm not entirely sure about a size 11.5. i don't know how much of an impact an extra half size would have but you could always get the 158 mid wide. an extra cm won't be a problem. usually a size 12 boot is the size that would warrant a wide board. i'm a size 11 (i currently wear a size 10.5 though) and my board has a 250mm waist and i don't have any problems.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I don't know the width at the inserts of that board but I can tell you I have no problems with my 11.5 burton driver xs on a 159cm Gnu Billy Goat with a 250mm waist. My guess would be that if the rome has a similar sidecut radius to the Billy Goat you should be fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys, just bought 11.5 Burton Motos and some L/XL Union Contact bindings. I haven't gotten my snowboard. I was thinking about getting 157cm Rome Agent Rocker but I'm not sure if the board is too narrow or not for my boot size. I know the waist width of the board is 253mm but I have heard that is not a great measurement to go off of. Does anyone have a 157cm Rome Agent Rocker that can tell me the width around the inserts so I can see how much toe overhang I'll have? If the Agent is too narrow, I'll probably go with the Lib Tech TRS 157 Mid Wide. Thanks in advance.

Rome Agent Rocker: Rome Agent Rocker Snowboard 2015 | evo

Lib Tech TRS XC2 BTX: Lib Tech TRS Stealth XC2 BTX Snowboard 2015 | evo
I have the 159 agent rocker and rode it for the first time a couple weeks ago. The WW is 2mm bigger, but you won't have any hang, and you'll be fine. I wear a size 11.5 Nike Kaiju (really big footprint boot).

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the 159 agent rocker and rode it for the first time a couple weeks ago. The WW is 2mm bigger, but you won't have any hang, and you'll be fine. I wear a size 11.5 Nike Kaiju (really big footprint boot).
Also rode a 159 agent rocker with 11.5 boots last year and agree youll have no issues. Should pair nicely with the contact pros as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts