Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a skunk ape 161 wide but am unsure if it would be to small. I am 200lb. The lib chart says 140+, i want an all meowntain board will not be used for any kind of jibbing. Just carving and jumps.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am looking at a skunk ape 161 wide but am unsure if it would be to small. I am 200lb. The lib chart says 140+, i want an all meowntain board will not be used for any kind of jibbing. Just carving and jumps.

Do you ride with your cat? I've ridden with a dog, but never a cat...:laugh:

If that is the size you want, that board will be fine for you. That board is awesome.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol that is my fav way of getting meow into a word (like on super troopers). I was kinda looking for something in the 163 to 165 area. I have last years nitro T1 158 and its fun but it will be come my spring and fall board and i want something that will do better in powder (yes i realise that mostly i just suck in general and its not the board) and on steep runs. Do you think i should wait it out for a bigger board?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for the advice, i will hold off on the one i was looking at and check out the ones you said.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The T-Rice is a mid wide. At your weight and shoe size the Skunk Ape or Dark Series Would be the boards in the Lib line to consider. If you like to ride fast and carve hard go with the Dark Series. I meowtion this because it has a stiffer flex and the built in riser will help with your shoe size.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well played good sir. thx for the advice i will keep my eyes open for those two boards. I am not in a huge rush so i will try to wait for a good deal. Just seems like the selection at this size is pretty limited. maybe things will start to go on sale soon so i don't have to rob a bank or something.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm when i looked up the specs for the t.rice vs the skunk ape, the t.rice is wider at the tip and tail and a little narrower at the waist. i guess i would need to know what the messurements at the bindings would be.

·
Registered
647 Posts
With 14's you should get a wide, not a mid-wide like the Rice.

I ride the Dark Series and give it :thumbsup::thumbsup: I got it for speed, since I mainly go as fast as possible. It floated great in pow though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts