Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
That looks like extra wax that you could scrape off with a snowboard scraper. Doesn’t look damaged to me. It’s pretty easy to hot wax a board with an iron and then scrape. Can you scrape some of the white off with a fingernail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like extra wax that you could scrape off with a snowboard scraper. Doesn’t look damaged to me. It’s pretty easy to hot wax a board with an iron and then scrape. Can you scrape some of the white off with a fingernail?

Well that’s good news, I don’t have the board with me right now but I’ll check tomorrow, thanks for the speedy reply

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It may be heavy amount of residue useless rub on wax. Only left on tips of board. It's not the base falling apart? It's hard to see from pics.

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
However those edges need some attention. A quick cleaning off the rust, tune and then after a day of riding, wipe down/dry the board...especially the edges to prevent rust (store in a cool, dark and dry place...not in a snowboard bag, or on the racks of your car or in a car exposed to sun/heat). At the end of the season for storage; wax the board, coat the edges and don't scrape.

easy diy...learn to ptex, wax, scrape and tune your edges

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
However those edges need some attention. A quick cleaning off the rust, tune and then after a day of riding, wipe down/dry the board...especially the edges to prevent rust (store in a cool, dark and dry place...not in a snowboard bag, or on the racks of your car or in a car exposed to sun/heat). At the end of the season for storage; wax the board, coat the edges and don't scrape.

easy diy...learn to ptex, wax, scrape and tune your edges
Thx for the info!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yea some of the white comes off with a fingernail

1 - 13 of 13 Posts