Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'm 5'7" intermediate rider.
Mostly I do mountain with a little park.

I'm riding a 06' Burton Custom 154.

I'm about 230 pounds. Never really thought I was to big for the board?

But is there any chance of my board breaking?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hey,
I'm 5'7" intermediate rider.
Mostly I do mountain with a little park.

I'm riding a 06' Burton Custom 154.

I'm about 230 pounds. Never really thought I was to big for the board?

But is there any chance of my board breaking?
Board is way too small based on burton charts but if you like it ride it.

You can break it in the park, or maybe in moguls if you get hung up between two of them. This could happen even if you're the right weight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Board is way too small based on burton charts but if you like it ride it.

You can break it in the park, or maybe in moguls if you get hung up between two of them. This could happen even if you're the right weight.

I mean is there a much greater chance of it breaking under me then someone those is 160? is it about that same.
I understand boards break, but I don't want to increase my chances of it happening

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The amount of edge that keeps a stable hold while carving or while trying to stop. Your weight needs more edge hold. Plus a longer board will have a more stable flex and support your weight. Given you a much better ride.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The amount of edge that keeps a stable hold while carving or while trying to stop. Your weight needs more edge hold. Plus a longer board will have a more stable flex and support your weight. Given you a much better ride.

could that be why my edge kind of slips out sometimes?
Or am I just a shitty rider lol

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I mean is there a much greater chance of it breaking under me then someone those is 160? is it about that same.
I understand boards break, but I don't want to increase my chances of it happening
I think your weight only marginally increases the chance of breaking it.

An aggressive 160 lb rider will break it before a normal 230 lb rider.

Borrow or demo a board the right length, other than spins I bet you like it more.

Anyways what's the risk, it's a seven year old board.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Lol. Honestly it's mostly likely the board washing out. Just not enough edge. But don't stress it breaking unless your hitting rails or huge jumps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts