Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I have two problems that won't let me sleep at night and I was wondering if you could help me. For previous 2 years my board was stepchild sucks and I used it with drake fifty bindings and northwave legend shoes. Now I started to change my setup and I already bought ThirtyTwo lashed size 9.5. Could you tell me which bindings would be better in your opinion: Ride Rodeo or Union Contact and if they will fit with my boots?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Having worked several years in a shop that carried exclusively Union, Ride, K2 and Burton bindings, I've had the opportunity to tinker with a variety of models, sizes and years of the brands in question. I also happen to own those exact boots in the exact same size. I've found that Rodeos have odd sizing kind of like Burtons. The mediums run small while the larges are a little more on the XL side. The Unions on the other hand have a perfect M offering that hugs our boots right smack dab in the middle. The only thing is, you may need to back the highback out a peg or two since out of the box they're a bit too forward for my liking. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
At a 9.5 youll be fine with pretty much anything and the Rode is just a better bindingbthan Contacts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you guys for your advice. I am not quite decided yet but after my research I'm more likely to buy Rodeos as I am afraid of Unions quality. Could you recommend any other bindings in similar price range or do you think it would be a good choice? I am more on the am/fs side.

edit: I have just found Flux TT 2017/18 and now I am even more concerned. Would they be better than Rodeos?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm a Flux guy myself. Never had any problems and they're super comfortable. I don't even notice them on my feet. The TT is an entry level model, but if you aren't looking to spend a ton, it'll suffice. If you go with those, get the medium. It's perfect for your size. Better than Rodeos? Meh. I wouldn't say one is better than the other per se. Ride makes great bindings. Flux makes great bindings. My personal preference is Flux as they are the most comfortable bindings I've ever used. Go with whatever the best price for your budget is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again thanks for all suggestions. I made even more research and I found Rome Vice in a good price. I think I read everything on the internet about them (there isn't too much though) and I understand they are just affordable version of Katanas. I suppose it will be my final decision but I wanted to know your opinion about these bindings.

Also I hope you undestand that changing my mind so often results from the fact I will have to spend quite a lot of money for them and I want to find the best option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts