Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently gifted an LTD Transition 154 snowboard from my brother. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the sizing of this board for me? I am 6’ 1/2“ tall and weigh 185-190 lbs. I am a beginner who has only snowboarded once before and am wondering if I should get a different board or if this will work? Thank you for any help! I greatly appreciate it!

·
500 Posts
I was recently gifted an LTD Transition 154 snowboard from my brother. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the sizing of this board for me? I am 6’ 1/2“ tall and weigh 185-190 lbs. I am a beginner who has only snowboarded once before and am wondering if I should get a different board or if this will work? Thank you for any help! I greatly appreciate it!
I can't see any manufacturers weight specifications for the board, 154 does sound a little short for your weight but as a beginner I wouldn't be too worried, may just be a little sketchy landing if you tried to launch off a kicker or maybe a bit unstable at speed and not much chop in powder. But if you're just learning and going to be riding groomers until you find your feet getting a board for nothing is sweet so enjoy. Waist width looks around 250 so unless you're upwards of a US10 it'll be fine.

The board will tell you if you're too big as you gain confidence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't see any manufacturers weight specifications for the board, 154 does sound a little short for your weight but as a beginner I wouldn't be too worried, may just be a little sketchy landing if you tried to launch off a kicker or maybe a bit unstable at speed and not much chop in powder. But if you're just learning and going to be riding groomers until you find your feet getting a board for nothing is sweet so enjoy. Waist width looks around 250 so unless you're upwards of a US10 it'll be fine.

The board will tell you if you're too big as you gain confidence.
Thanks for the reply. I wear a US11.5 boot. Is this too big for the board? If so any recommendations on a solid beginner-intermediate board? I appreciate the help!

·
500 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I wear a US11.5 boot. Is this too big for the board? If so any recommendations on a solid beginner-intermediate board? I appreciate the help!
First thing is to make sure you're an 11.5 - read this thread Snowboard Boot Size Web Tool - Mondo, Brannock &amp... and make sure your boot size is right, it'll be a hell of a lot easier if you could get your boots down a size or two.

It would be worth mounting your bindings at the angles and stance width you ride and putting the boots in them to look at a) how they fit and b) any toe/heel overhang you may have, I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the overhang just yet if you're new to the game but be concious of it as when you start carving and pushing the angles you will likely boot out with too much toe but that's all part of learning lol. The 11.5 will be too big I imagine on that board so take the time to confirm your boots are correct. Post some photos.

Have a read through some of the board recommendation posts, you'll find thousands of them. This will give you some idea on where to start. Also watch some reviews, AngrySnowboarder's I found really useful and honest and he'll have some 'Top 5 reviews' like this one you can use as a starting point if you do want to look at other boards.

Know what your size requirements are and know what type of riding you want to do as these will be big factors in choosing a board once you start progressing. Heaps of info on this forum and that search bar is your best friend right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First thing is to make sure you're an 11.5 - read this thread Snowboard Boot Size Web Tool - Mondo, Brannock &amp... and make sure your boot size is right, it'll be a hell of a lot easier if you could get your boots down a size or two.

It would be worth mounting your bindings at the angles and stance width you ride and putting the boots in them to look at a) how they fit and b) any toe/heel overhang you may have, I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the overhang just yet if you're new to the game but be concious of it as when you start carving and pushing the angles you will likely boot out with too much toe but that's all part of learning lol. The 11.5 will be too big I imagine on that board so take the time to confirm your boots are correct. Post some photos.

Have a read through some of the board recommendation posts, you'll find thousands of them. This will give you some idea on where to start. Also watch some reviews, AngrySnowboarder's I found really useful and honest and he'll have some 'Top 5 reviews' like this one you can use as a starting point if you do want to look at other boards.

Know what your size requirements are and know what type of riding you want to do as these will be big factors in choosing a board once you start progressing. Heaps of info on this forum and that search bar is your best friend right now.
Will do. Thank you so much for all the information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts