Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dude joins the forum right around the time the contest starts, has 25 posts to his name, bumps the tread asking who won, minutes later he WINS himself, and then he's never heard from again. Hopefully he PM'd the Chairman for his prize, I guess.

LOL

Haha I don't like to be negative about the good fortune of others, but I thought it kind of odd as well. Oh well though.. we all lived just fine without the super sweet free board set up.....or did we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
Late, always late for these things. Congrats to the winner, if he shows up haha. So pissed I missed this but probably doesn't matter I never win anything anyways :-D

·
Registered
72 Posts
He won't have to PM the Chairman... he IS the Chairman's alternate identity.

I found out I won 3 days after the the winner was supposed to be announced and sent pm. I couldn't get on site for those three days. Trust me, I'm very excited about this setup. It arrives tomorrow!!

And YES I posted like an hour before announcement but then was off the forum for the next 3 days. Right when I found out I should have posted about it. @sabatoa

Honestly I don't think I deserved to win for only being on the forum for the amount of time I was.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny because this board was selected for display in the permanent collection at the New York Museum of Modern Art. Good news is there are lots of different styles and graphics so humans can select the aesthetic that appeals to them. I happen to love this one.

Here's the MOMA reference:

DNR Sportsystem
Shaw Kaake. American, b. 1962
"H-Type 156 XXX" Santa Cruz Snowboard. 1994 (1993)
Poplar, fiberglass, stainless-steel threaded insert, ABS, UHMW (ultra-high-molecular weight) high-density polyethylene, hardened carbon-steel edges, rubber, and ABS-polyurethane-blend transparent top surface with lacquer backprinted silk screening and heat-cured epoxy resin
Manufactured by Authier Ski, Switzerland
Lent by Santa Cruz Snowboards (NHS, Inc.), Santa Cruz
I'm the designer of the Santa Cruz board. that year was the time of evolution in the market when boards got wider. We offered each model in three widths. X, XX, and XXX. Contractually we were required to offer every new technology to Tom Sims first. We also built and co designed Sims boards. He rejected it, but wanted it the next year. At the tradeshows it was the lightest board series of all manufacturers. The line continued more seasons and evolved into the board that Gian Simmen won Olympic gold in three halfpipe. Good times!

121 - 127 of 127 Posts