Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's pretty disappointing that there isn't any white what so ever on the ground. I was just wondering if anyone has looked up if this winter is going to be below average, average, or above average for snow. I want it to be like it was last year here in PA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So it's pretty disappointing that there isn't any white what so ever on the ground. I was just wondering if anyone has looked up if this winter is going to be below average, average, or above average for snow. I want it to be like it was last year here in PA.
hmmmm.. although its man made snow, my local PA mountains opened/open today and tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't have time to go until finals are over. bummer.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
You must be on crack just talked to my friends at Seven Springs they were riding in 3 feet of snow. My home town in NY got 4 feet and my brother was riding his board behind his truck down mainstreet. And just to be like everyone else CO has a ton of snow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhhhhh... BA is a damn yankee. It all makes sense now!

:cheeky4:

:laugh:
Rebel Born, Rebel Bred, Rebel till your dead? :thumbsup: :laugh:

And maybe I am on crack. But there is barely a dusting outside now and yea 7springs and hidden valley are covered with like 36" 30 are man made and they've been open for a week. Hidden Valley is free sunday :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
The mountains in lower/Mid Wisconsin have been open for a week now. I think they've gotten about 7inches of snowfall, with more coming today and tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Rebel Born, Rebel Bred, Rebel till your dead? :thumbsup: :laugh:

And maybe I am on crack. But there is barely a dusting outside now and yea 7springs and hidden valley are covered with like 36" 30 are man made and they've been open for a week. Hidden Valley is free sunday :thumbsup:
Oh Boy......Well, since you're citing a south of the Mason-Dixon mantra and referencing Hidden Valley, I assume you're from Pennsyltucky. No worries, I'm a Blair County boy, myself, but you do know Pennsylvania is a Union state, right?

Anyways, as stated above, 24 inches of snow is new uplift snow that got dumped on the Springs this past week. If you look at the world beyond your backyard, you'll see that things are different. If you want snow, go find it, it's out there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
there's no way PA can expect another winter like last. given that it was an all time record setter and all. Wouldn't expect that again for quite some time.

if you want to guarantee yourself a great season. you should make like me and leave PA and move to Utah. where a bad season still means 400 inches of champagne

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh Boy......Well, since you're citing a south of the Mason-Dixon mantra and referencing Hidden Valley, I assume you're from Pennsyltucky. No worries, I'm a Blair County boy, myself, but you do know Pennsylvania is a Union state, right?

Anyways, as stated above, 24 inches of snow is new uplift snow that got dumped on the Springs this past week. If you look at the world beyond your backyard, you'll see that things are different. If you want snow, go find it, it's out there.
Haha yea I know. My grandpap moved here from Alabama and half my family still lives there.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
last season will probably be repeated maybe once more in our lifetimes...if that. looks average from what ive seen.. although this cold december is really helping us out for that dreaded january thaw. That said.. looks like it should still be a good season

·
Registered
275 Posts
Barely seen a flake down here on the Front Range, but the mountains are getting raped violently with snow so I'm not complaining :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts