Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm looking for a new board and I could really need some help!

I'm looking for a 156cm board and I've been riding for around 8 years. I'm looking for a park board but it would be cool tho if its good for all mountain use. I see my self as a pretty decent snowboarder.

The board i have in my mind is the torstein mega DC board 13/14. The flex is 7/10 and its a rocker hybrid board. Do you think it has too much flex if its for park use? Should i go for another board with less flex?

-

·
Registered
658 Posts
The board is not going to make a huge difference. It's YOUR personal skill on a snowboard that's going to make a difference in the park.

Buying a new board isn't going to make you better at jumps/rails, if that's your thought process...

I would imagine Torstein's pro model would be more than capable of handling whatever terrain you're riding, whether that's in the park or outside of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The board is not going to make a huge difference. It's YOUR personal skill on a snowboard that's going to make a difference in the park.

Buying a new board isn't going to make you better at jumps/rails, if that's your thought process...

I would imagine Torstein's pro model would be more than capable of handling whatever terrain you're riding, whether that's in the park or outside of it.
I havent said the board would make me a better at rails and jumps. I'm more thinking about the board is too stiff so landing on rails and jumps would be more uncomfortable than a board with much flex.

Good to hear you think its good for all moutain use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's all about flex & pop

I was at shop week ago and I found the Ride Crook had plenty, not a Park expert myself as I was looking at the Libtech boards but the Crook and Machete caught my attention.

I know how important a forgiving board can be instead of biting into a bit of snow and flipping you over after landing a bit bent of a rail :dizzy:

Ride Machete would be my choice for All mountain and Park but get a separate Park & Free-ride board so you don't have too compromise on developing your skills in each part of the Mountain like I did for many years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's all about flex & pop

I was at shop week ago and I found the Ride Crook had plenty, not a Park expert myself as I was looking at the Libtech boards but the Crook and Machete caught my attention.

I know how important a forgiving board can be instead of biting into a bit of snow and flipping you over after landing a bit bent of a rail :dizzy:

Ride Machete would be my choice for All mountain and Park but get a separate Park & Free-ride board so you don't have too compromise on developing your skills in each part of the Mountain like I did for many years.
So you suggest I buy 2 boards? It would be cool with 2 boards but I'm only 16 so im still growing alot:/ Thanks for your suggestions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts