Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did use the search function, but didn't find matching answers.

I have '12 Ride Fame bindings and liked them for the comfort, response, canted foot bed and easily adjustable highback. Bought a second board, fixed the old Fame on it and wanted to get another pair online since the shops don't have bindings during off season and was a bit surprised to read, that the Fame are rated as freesyle bindings... well then... I've ridden my Flagship with freestyle bindings and it felt good :icon_scratch: Anyway, the '12 are sold out, and the '13 are only available in pink. I'm not fussy with colors... but pink? :blink:

-> What other bindings could you recommend?
Looking for rather stiff freeride bindings to match the Flagship 158.
Womens bootsize 8, my K2 Contour boots are rather bulky.
Purpose: pow, some carving or just charging groomers.

Edit: preferably with canted footbed; would also give men's bindings a try

·
Registered
658 Posts
Union Trilogies or Legacies.

The Trilogy was completely redesigned for next year, and is the women's version of the Force. The Legacy is the women's version of the Atlas.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW: they need to have good straps/ratchets. I tighten the straps as hard as possible.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Union Trilogies or Legacies.

The Trilogy was completely redesigned for next year, and is the women's version of the Force.
Will they have canted footbed? I got the impression, that it helped reducing pressure on innerside of the hind foot.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Burotn Lexa
Rome Madison
Union Trilogy, although they're on the stiffer side.
Had the Lexa before the Escapade. They were too soft.
Why "although"? I'm looking for stiff bindings :)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Had the Lexa before the Escapade. They were too soft.
Why "although"? I'm looking for stiff bindings :)
Fames are about the same stiffness as Lexa. If you like Fames you shouldn't even notice the difference with Lexa. Unions are stiffer though.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Fames are about the same stiffness as Lexa. If you like Fames you shouldn't even notice the difference with Lexa. Unions are stiffer though.
I hope you're a girl, otherwise you're just pulling information out of your ass since you've never personally ridden them.

You're making "Unions" in general seem like they're stiff as fuck, when both the Trilogies and Legacies both have varying degrees of rigidity.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I hope you're a girl, otherwise you're just pulling information out of your ass since you've never personally ridden them.

You're making "Unions" in general seem like they're stiff as fuck, when both the Trilogies and Legacies both have varying degrees of rigidity.
Reading comprehension problems, darling??? Go back to my post and read again what I wrote.

Did that? Good.

Now, that settled, yes I am a woman. Yes, I rode Trilogies. No, I do not give any recommendations on the gear I have not personally demoed or ridden.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see... been a while since I had the Lexa.
Would like to try stiffer ones even if I actually like the Fame. Maybe I wouldn't feel the urge to fasten them till the ratchets squeak :dunno: haven't ridden many bindings (Lexa, Escapade, Fame - that's it).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why not look into men's bindings? You don't want soft, and you don't want pink, and those are pretty much the two defining characteristics of women's bindings.

Size can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, but I ride size 7 men's boots (about the same as your 8 women's) and plenty of brands fit just fine. Burton men's smalls, now IPO's medium and Rome's S/M have all worked pretty well for me in terms of sizing.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Why not look into men's bindings? You don't want soft, and you don't want pink, and those are pretty much the two defining characteristics of women's bindings.

Size can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, but I ride size 7 men's boots (about the same as your 8 women's) and plenty of brands fit just fine. Burton men's smalls, now IPO's medium and Rome's S/M have all worked pretty well for me in terms of sizing.
Because women's calves are positioned lower than men's. Women's bindings are designed with that in mind, so the highback doesn't cut into calf.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Because women's calves are positioned lower than men's. Women's bindings are designed with that in mind, so the highback doesn't cut into calf.
Plenty of low highback mens options as well. Now IPO and pretty much every flux binding ever come to mind.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This and imo the MOST important reason to purchase female specific gear is so we have MORE options in the future. Supply/Demand.

neni: I've not ridden the Trilogy or Legacy but have the 10/11 Milan and 12/13 Rosa. Straps and buckles/ratchets have been solid.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
neni: I've not ridden the Trilogy or Legacy but have the 10/11 Milan and 12/13 Rosa. Straps and buckles/ratchets have been solid.
Good to know. Never had an issue with Ride or Burton straps but hubby has K2 bindings for the first time and chewed up two sets of straps this season.

The Trilogy was completely redesigned for next year, and is the women's version of the Force. The Legacy is the women's version of the Atlas.
Found the Trilogy (in black! :)) on sale in my size... or would it be worth to wait for the '14 redesigned ones? Have you seen the colors the '14 Trilogy and Legacy will come in?

And why on earth are there so few reviews on women's gear? :RantExplode:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it may just be different colours for next season. What's more annoying is the lack of some womens stuff in the UK for me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts