Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife rides a 2003 burton fish 150 and LOVES it.
loves the shape, loves the ease of turns. the tiny tail , loves that is doesn't haul ass and isn't lightning quick.
shes pretty cruisy, loves slashing the slides of pow stashes and crusing down mellow pow runs . shes not a bad carver but the fish isn't the easiest fo that and pretty much only only takes the board out when its dumping. other wise we ski.
I want to get her a slighty more modern lighter stick bec that thing weighs a ton to whats out today, so ive been scouring and its a bit tough for me to call it but by the lok of things ive seen, these look to be a balance of great when its deeper, and good to ride the gelende on when its not super deep.
salomon pillow talk
nidecker odyssey
burton stick shift and or story board
never summer litigator ( but that got a fair few poor reviews, to me I t looks the closest to what she likes tho)

can anyone add to this list to check out or if these have been ridden add some thoughts pls ?

·
The Swiss Miss
7,313 Posts
Don't know the NS Litigator.

For what you describe, I'd add the NS Maverix into the mix. It's fun on groomers and to cruise deep pow. (I have a 150 @ 125lbs). The very nice thing with NS is that they turn on a dime effortless, which is great especially if cruising at slow speed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife's snowboard instructor (who was a silver medalist snowboarder) actually rode the Salomon Pillow Talk. Lots of the reviews for that are positive, so I think that's a solid option. No personal experience, of course.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
The Burton Day Trader is worth looking at as well if you want something that's powder-capable but maybe a bit more all-mountain-friendly than the Stick Shift that you mentioned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone...
yes I saw that day trader later on yesterday and that looks like a shape not to far away from the fish shape...

It wasn't the litigator , I meant to say inta-gator from NS. I love that shape I saw it live last weekend at 138 cms and I was thinking I love that shape I might one for myself, might be a bit too much to chew off for her tho.

the pillow talk got great reviews on youuuuuuu chooooobes .

ill check the maverick out ,thanks

the other one I found this AM (didn't know they did one ) the jones mind expander for women, that's prob in no 1 spot I think......

cheers all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts